Jump to Navigation
LOBP is now in archive mode... read more at leagueofbikepolo.com/goodbye.

All Florida Bike Polo Championship 4

Saturday, November 12, 2011 - Sunday, November 13, 2011
Host club: 
Tampa bike polo
Contact info: 
kcasteli@mail.usf.edu
Court size: 
100'X50'

First of all, thank you everyone for your patience as we were working out the details on this tournament. We want to make it the best experience for all players and spectators. We have worked hard on finding the best solutions for everything and hopefully everyone will be happy with the outcome. We have a lot of surprises in store this year and history will be made. Once again, teams will represent their clubs all over Florida for a chance to win the Golden Mallet. EDIT: Must have lived and played polo in Florida to sign up (regardless of the year you played).

Details:

Dates:
Friday November 11 (Veterans' Day): Pick Up and Cook Out (for America)
Saturday: November 12: Teams will play a total of 6 games to determine seed for Sunday
Sunday: November 13: Double Elimination

Saturday is also the same day as the "Cranksgiving" Alleycat to benefit charity. We are planning on having a combined after party at The Bricks in Ybor.

Courts/Format:
Two courts constructed on the USF Physical Education tennis courts w/ boards.
There will be:
-seating/bleachers
-a large basketball style scoreboard/timer
-3 porta-potties
-electric outlets
-provided water
-tents for shade
-Breakfast and lunch will be provided Saturday and Sunday

Saturday starting at 9:30am teams will play 3 games with no more than 30 min. in between in the morning, have a large break, then 3 games in the afternoon with no more than 30 min. in between.
We should finish up around 8-9pm on Saturday.
This bracket system will determine your seed for Sunday.

Sunday will be standard double elimination.

Cost/Registration:
Cost per team is $21

To register go to:
www.tampabikepolo.com
and fill out the form and send $21 via paypal.

The registration deadline is October 30th. We will not be accepting payment or registration the day of the tournament.

Directions:
From I-75:
Take the Fowler exit (265).
Head West.
Enter Campus On Bull Run Dr.
Make a left on Alumni Dr.
Right on Maple Dr.
The courts will be on the Right hand side.
There is parking right off of Maple Dr. and there is more North of the Sundome.

Housing:
There is plenty of housing available.
Just specify how many people you will need to sleep on the
registration form and we will find a place for you.

Sponsors:
Chrome
DZR Shoes
Knog
Jinxy Wheel Covers
Milwaukee Bike Co.
Yanco Pads
SKS Germany
Northern Standard
Fyxation
Eightinch
Skin Grows Back
Dirty Cycle Works
66Fixed Bicycle Shop
Mojo Music

I will be continuously updating the flyer and the sponsor list as more are confirmed.

_______________________________________

If you have any questions ask them here, and if you have a concern that is specific to you feel free to email me at: kcasteli@mail.usf.edu

Location

Bicycle Polo at USF
Bull Run Dr.
Tampa, FL
United States

Signed up

this isn't in the description, but this tournament is only for florida people.

i don't know why we post this on here? i don't even think like 75% of fla bike polo players even frequent this site.

What are their reasons for not using the site?

Fixinthestreets

I don't think they have any objection to reading the site per se, it's just not important to most of them yet.

I would guess that the majority of players everywhere don't check LOBP on any sort of regular basis.
(Although the percentage of non LOBP-addicted players in FL is probably higher because we have so many new players, and because a lot of inter-city tournaments and meet-ups are organized via phone/facebook anyways. very few FL players have ever played polo with anyone who live more than a 5 hour drive away from them, either, and that's most of the polo stuff there is on this continent/website)

ddub wrote:

very few FL players have ever played polo with anyone who live more than a 5 hour drive away from them,

i think most kids have considering the all floridas, sespis and regionals. majority of people that played in pensacola traveled pretty far to play as well as some kids from south fl, tampa, jax, st pete even orlando came to pcola once. there is a lot of clubs in FL and 2 in GA one in AL zero in MS and something in NOLA. we are the furthest south and pretty much can just keep playing with eachother.

bike polo hotline

for the record, i live in pensacola FLORIDA now. I work at the Naval Air Base and live with Joshua AB Maes. So looks like i'm playin this year.

AB and SAMFTL n FRAZ gonna rock this pussy shit!

FRAZ, i heard some florida folks where scared that i am gonna come and talk shit the whole time, they'd be right! i put that quote on the FB page. POLO REBELZZZ111!!! for ever and ever. also, text me back, i am back in 'merica and can use my phone again.

i need a team for this

I'm in.

____________
The only reason anyone does anything.
For the lulz.

robo wrote:

i need a team for this

Medic.Mike wrote:

I'm in.

Does this mean you guys are moving to Florida!!!?!?!!?!

just finished filling out my driver's license form. surprisingly easy to get

AWESOME. the team to beat!

Oh for real? I'm just shit talking. I'd love to get down south sometime though. I like that Florida is big enough or just devoted enough to pull this off for a number fo years. Shit yeah!

____________
The only reason anyone does anything.
For the lulz.

no take backs! I already found you a job and a condo in cape coral, you will need to be there by wednesday morning. see you soon!

p.s. pack a bathing suit and sunblock

danny cape coral??!

Florida Bike Polo

Jake Trujillo wrote:

Medic Mike in cape coral??!

yes. also, he's gonna be on a team with stovall and nick for AllFlorida!

Weeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

____________
The only reason anyone does anything.
For the lulz.

i am gonna need a team for this...

MANNNNNNN!!!! Miss playing Florida POLO!

RETURN TO US SEAMUS!!!

-David Hutch

Fort Myers Bike Polo "Bring the rage!"

Does just one person on the team need to be from Florida or the whole team? If just one person, then i will need a team.

whole team.

Ok, who needs an extra player on their team? I play a decent defensive game, but can throw a good shot in when it's needed.

bikepunk wrote:

Ok, who needs an extra player on their team? I play a decent defensive game, but can throw a good shot in when it's needed.

I think I can help you out. First step, move to Pensacola. Once you get there, keep your eyes out for a guy named Josh Maes (he's on facebook). He can totally hook you up with an apartment and work. He might even be able to help you find a team from your new city. Do you have a resume or a car? It's okay if you don't, although your chances of getting employed will be much greater if you have vegan restaurant experience (do you?). Don't forget your sunglasses, your old Georgia state ID, and plenty of bread loaves.
.

ddub wrote:
bikepunk wrote:

Ok, who needs an extra player on their team? I play a decent defensive game, but can throw a good shot in when it's needed.

I think I can help you out. First step, move to Pensacola. Once you get there, keep your eyes out for a guy named Josh Maes (he's on facebook). He can totally hook you up with an apartment and work. He might even be able to help you find a team from your new city. Do you have a resume or a car? It's okay if you don't, although your chances of getting employed will be much greater if you have vegan restaurant experience (do you?). Don't forget your sunglasses, your old Georgia state ID, and plenty of bread loaves.
.

and moustache wax!

Fuck you florida.... say hello to my grandma and tell her I'm not coming to visit because you all decided to throw a lame ass tournament. " EDIT: Must have lived and played polo in Florida to sign up (regardless of the year you played)" I mean you could do a majority in Florida or something accommodating... right?

How many tournaments did Florida put on this year? 1? and not even a pain in the ass regional tournament? I mean part of the reason you throw and you dont throw tournaments is because of all the damn work that goes into it... but then you get to hang out with your friends, and meet new people... or is it about the glory.. "I got the fastest shot in polo" I think I heard a Florida player say.... are the ingredients for Florida glory minimizing the competition so you can feel good about yourselves... regionals don't exclude enough players for you all to feel good about yourselves...

ahhh just venting.... I'm not really serious and don't really care that much.... Go Florida, and say hello to Grandma for me....

I played polo in Portland about five years ago, and was really impressed with how everyone there was both unbelievably good at polo and unbelievably nice and welcoming to a complete stranger, (with one guy even giving me his bike and switching over his brake lever so I could (try to) play left handed!). The portland team that destroyed my team at NA's last year was similarly nice, so I'm going to assume that you're probably a cool guy in person, and that you probably didn't mean to come across like this:

Mr. Charisma wrote:

Fuck you florida... you're all lame... I'm a big jerk... organize a tournament for me so I can come be friends with you

all venom aside, it's cool that you're interested in coming and playing in Florida. Where does your grandma live? There are open tournaments throughout the year, and a bunch more regional polo meetups and bench matches in between.
There are a lot of opportunities to play and as long as "glory" isn't an important motive for you, I'm sure you could find (or even organize) a polo event timed around either your grandmother's birthday or her favorite holiday.

Now hopefully I don't have to tell your grandma that you don't love her and won't visit her.
I hate having to do that.

ddub wrote:

"glory"

robo wrote:
ddub wrote:

"glory"

Del Boca Vista Polo

ddub wrote:
robo wrote:
ddub wrote:

"glory"

Del Boca Vista Polo

first and foremost, jared ftl ('72 mph') does not represent florida, dude is on his own planet.

it's kind of ironic you mention glory when so many northerners snowballed southeasterns to qualify, because they couldnt do it in their own regions. i get that we're the weakest region, but we're also one of the youngest and laziest. i think it's an equatorial thing. tropical peoples have it easy and thus lack initiative. also, all floridas give us the opportunity to meet up and hang without all the obnoxiousness of out of staters. no offense, but you seem like somebody we'd do better without.

yeah it's partly pride; we are the only state that has enough clubs to keep it in house. at polo's current state, i completely agree everything should be open and include slots etc. yet it would be interesting to see our sport grow to the point where we are more in line with the closed zones of other sports, and small representations of that hope are bound to pop up and test it before it happens. i hear your argument about 2/3 floridians, i've been pushing for it for the last 2 years as a compromise. there are those in fl that either agree or don't care either way. we got voted down, so here we are.

WOW PORTLAND, COOL

shutup and stay the fuck out of THE SUNSHINE STATE

=D

Still looking for a team. Lease starts November 1 in Del Boca Vista, FL.

yo tampa, we had trouble with paypals for my team (AB, SAMFTL, FRAZ), can we just bring u the cash? we have by far the longest trip to this shindig and it would be a bummer doing 500 miles for nuthin

twim dilly dum
ripple dee dee
CSI may be champ
but he'll never beat me!

thanks south fl, we had a good time, special thanks to joefawls and jarredfl for being stand up gents

photos please!
i wanna see who won my wheel covers!

give blood. play polo.

great job with the tournament USF! It was a pleasure to come up there. You guys are welcome at the Miami scene any time.

here are a few pics:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2406000544069.2128600.107281439...

pictures also at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tampabikepolo/

and individually posted places on the facebook groups florida bike polo players and tampa bike polo/bicycle polo at usf.