Indonesia International Bike Polo Championship by FixedFest2012
FixedFest is a biggest fixedgear event in Indonesia. Organized by Rocket Company. Various races of fixedgear held on this event. Last year we have Bike Polo Exhibition, now we present Bike Polo Championship for Asia region, and other countries outside Asia if want to join.
This is the third instalation of Fixed Fest. Year after year, we believe that the event deserves some place bigger. This time around, we chose Senayan, where most sports event take place, as the mostsuitable venue.
Hardcourt Bike Polo Rules
- Two teams of three players.
- ANY TYPE OF BICYCLE IS ALLOWED (fixedgear ,freewhell, etc.). Handlebars MUST be plugged.
- Mallets must resemble a croquet mallet with a wide side and a round end. Modified ski poles and plastic pipe are the most common materials. The handle end of the mallet MUST be plugged..
- The ball will be a street hockey ball.
- Start of a game: Each team will be stopped behind its own goal line and the ball will be positioned at center court. Play will begin with a “3 2 1 GO!” from the sideline.
- Players may not play the ball with their feet at any time.
- Scoring a goal must be made from what started as a hit. A hit is made from the end of a player’s mallet. A “shuffle” does not count as a goal; if the ball is shuffled through the goal, play continues uninterrupted.
- After a goal is scored, the team who scored returns to their half of the court. The team who was scored on takes possession of the ball.
- Call out the score after each goal.
- If a ball is shot from in front of the goal line and does not go through the goal but bounces off the back wall and comes out through the goal, the ball is in play and can be scored. A ball that crosses a goal line backwards must be “hit” before it can score.
- Players must not touch the ground, or “foot-down”. Each time a player goes foot-down, that player is out of play and may not play the ball until they ride to the side line at center court and ring the bell/ tap out. Then they may return to play. Only one side of the court has a bell/ Tap out sign, not both.
- Contact rules: “Like” contact is allowed. Player to player (body to body), except grabbing or pushing with hands. Mallet to mallet (hitting another player’s mallet is poor etiquette if that player is not attempting to play the ball or in front of the goal, playing goalie).Bike to bike.
- Everything else is NOT allowed: Mallet to player, player to bike, mallet to bike, etc.
- Throwing of mallets is not allowed at any time, in any situation.
- Games are timed and end after 10 minutes, if one team reach 5 points before 10 minutes the game is over.
- Trash talking is allowed =)
see our website for more information
Lot 14 SCBD
Jl. Jend Sudirman, Kav. 52-53
Jakarta 12190, Indonesia