Jump to Navigation

Login / Register

St Cago bike polo mallets DZR bike shoes for street and bike polo Velolocuma bicycles

vans clipless shoes

vans clipless shoes

but has anybody had a chance to try these guys out yet?
http://shop.vans.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=...

i really am interested in trying them out, but i haven't found a place to EP them yet and i can't afford $90 for something i don't know how well it works.

and now with a picture. sorry kids.

when will I see an image in a post about a product?
Kev, you should make a "how to post" post

Doug D
Brooklyn, New York
hardcourtbikepolo+gmail+com
hardcourtbikepolo.com

I haven't tried them personally but a few other dudes here have.

The general consensus seems to be that they are super comfortable, but that the cleat recess is really shit. Basically you are walking on cleat and they are going to wear down really quick.

If they are just for polo this might be okay, but if you use clipless day to day its going to get annoying (and expensive) fast.

what about hotspots?
i can deal with warn cleats, (i have like 8 pairs of cleats) but i would use these for commuting/ errands/ bars etc.

I'd be interested to see if these shoes hold up any better than the 661 filters. I'm using the filters now, and while comfortable, they do not hold up well. I think the price is what will eventually determine what I stick with. Sadly these are web exclusive so I won't get a chance to try them on.

Has anyone tried these? (Serfas Kafe) $60

• Kafe.jpg

or these? (Shimano SH-MT22) $60

• Shimano.jpg
Ace wrote:

or these? (Shimano SH-MT22) $60

have them. cleat mounting surface started to pull up from the rubber within a month or two of use. also, laces broke soon after.

also, this is the first pair of bike shoes i've used that didn't have a velcro strap of some kind. not a big fan of laces only

Also i've heard these are awesome (only they are hard as hell to find and cost around $160)-Nalini

• Nalini.jpg

I got these Vans for Christmas from my awesome girlfriend I have rode a little and walked around, and they are super comfy and seem really nice so far. I am going to play polo tomorrow for the first time and I will report back with some pictures and more review

Ifuckinglovepolo

whats the word on this shoe... I got a pair of dzr dice and they're already coming apart! womp womp womp.

"rubber side down boys"

ApocalypseMaow wrote:

whats the word on this shoe... I got a pair of dzr dice and they're already coming apart! womp womp womp.

don't know about these. but i have a pair of the chrome shoes and theyve been holding up really well. the rubber sole is starting to peel from where in bend my foot, but i wear them 4 days a week for 10 hours a day and and hour of commuting a day and 5 or 6 hours of polo a week.

how long have you had them? I've seen a couple pictures of spd cleats ripped out of chromes with the sole still attached... that's why I ask. I guess most people tend to report on the negatives... i haven't seen any bad reviews yet, but I didn't want to spend another 90$ on spd shoes that won't hold up.

"rubber side down boys"

ApocalypseMaow wrote:

how long have you had them? I've seen a couple pictures of spd cleats ripped out of chromes with the sole still attached... that's why I ask. I guess most people tend to report on the negatives... i haven't seen any bad reviews yet, but I didn't want to spend another 90$ on spd shoes that won't hold up.

i've been riding with them for about 6 months. using daily for about 3. i'm a big dude (6'4" 260+) and i generate a lot of power, strong pull ups and ride a 52:12 bike for commuting with no brakes and skid a fair amount. in the last month i snapped two half link chains in polo. i've pulled bolts clean out of specialized carbon soled shoes with keo's on the track. i'm rough on shoes. sort of why our chrome rep gave me the shoes. so far so good.

sounds like they will work fine!

"rubber side down boys"

i give them all that praise, i just got my track bike back together, went out to ride and i cracked the sole in the left shoe. it's still under warrenty (i hope) so i'm going to see if they send me out a new pair. i still rode 4 miles in them and didn't notice to much discomfort. not as stiff, but still attached. if i get a new pair, i'll keep using these for polo.

• Photo0345.jpg

Chrome shoes suck. Leave them to the fixie queens.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
fixcraft.net

Same thing happen to mine.

And my sub-$40 Sette Nix's are still going strong after about a year now

Get rad

Nothing is safe in bike polo.

notsochristian wrote:

Nothing is safe in bike polo.

if this happned in polo i'd be less annoyed. but i was riding my track bike. it was super annoying riding home. couldn't pull up at all. i guess it's back to my sidi's for commuting, and just change my shoes at work. i was just about to put my review in dab about these. i guess waiting an extra day to do so worked out.

I broke a Chrome Midway playing polo. Pulled the plate clean out. Thankfully I only paid half ($55) when I bought them because I found that 50 percent off discount code online. I would not have bought the Chromes for the full price.

I played in them for nine months before failure of that shoe. I've seen the Vans, 661s and 510 high tops last awhile without failure.

But I'll say it again. Nothing is safe in bike polo.

What About DZR shoes, anygood?

My cup runeth over with blood and not wine

For the price, not worth it. Saw serious failure of both shoes at the Midwest Open a few weeks ago. I've heard good things from people who got them for free via sponsorship. I've heard bad things from people who got them for free via sponsorship.

Seriously, the 661s and Vans may not be pretty, but they're probably the best value.

Problem is neither vans nor 661 have a 'true' high top clip in shoe. I like playing with hightops... so the DZR Strasse, kowloon, and Tosca are appealing for my next shoe.

My cup runeth over with blood and not wine

Charlie Hill (COMO) has been rocking the 510 high tops for a year. He digs them. They've held up to his erratic, fast, big body and playing style. Pricey, but perhaps worth it.

yeah the 5ten hellcat looks pretty sweet and its stitched around the sole. that is where my dzrs are coming undone... so i guess the vans are my next shoe.

"rubber side down boys"

i played polo in them broken the other day, and it was ok. i played with a mallet pedal instead of a candy.