Machine Politics vs L'Équipe, August 2010. Photo by Steph Simcox
NAH Announcement: bid process for the North American Hardcourt 2011 Tour
The morning after the NAHBPC, a number of regional reps met in Madison to talk about the tournament, the state of North American Hardcourt as an organizing body, and discuss plans for the upcoming year. You can see the minutes from that meeting here.
Among those plans is an official North American Hardcourt Tour. The primary goals for this tour are:
1. to ensure quality tournaments for players, sponsors, and spectators
2. to create a schedule that spreads out major tournaments throughout the year, leading up to NAHBPC and WHBPC at the end.
3. to establish a qualifier system for NAHBPC and WHBPC.
We decided to limit the tour to 5 or 6 tournaments:
* 4 major "regional" tournaments (geographically dispersed, but not necessarily ESPI/MWBPC/SESPI etc)
* 1 NAHBPC 2011
* (maybe) 1 WHBPC 2011, tentatively to be held in North America
To this end, we will soon open a bid process for the above tournaments, so that we can get tournament organizers’ plans in front of the eyes of sponsors by mid-fall while there is still room in their 2011 marketing budgets.
If your club wants to host a major tournament that is sanctioned and supported by NA Hardcourt, START GETTING YOUR SHIT TOGETHER. The bid questionnaire will include questions about your courts, ability to handle tournament scheduling/logistics, sponsorship, and other details. You can see the questions that were asked last year here, though we’ll probably be tweaking the form a bit.
We will open the bid process by September 15th, 2011 and you will have until October 15th, 2011 to fill out a bid form, with a decision coming by October 31st, 2011.