Jump to Navigation

Login / Register

St Cago bike polo mallets DZR bike shoes for street and bike polo Velolocuma bicycles

speculation about North Americans 2010

I'm using this thread to say that in light of New York City choosing to bid for Worlds in 2011 that Madison will be putting a bid in for North Americans in 2010.

Jonny might even have the rest of the Madison polo club to help put it on!

Why, Jonny! What an awesome idea. I'm penciling it into my calendar now.

This is beautiful. Makes my day too.

x this one up too.

2010 NA's in MAD

Doug D
Brooklyn, New York
http://www.hardcourtbikepolo.com/

Doug D
Brooklyn, New York
hardcourtbikepolo+gmail+com
hardcourtbikepolo.com

A reason to travel to the legendary land of the hunter brothers. I'm in!
_______
Marco!
I am the Duck.

i better not have to wear pants.

no... sauce they are called capri's

BOP!

Portland United
www.eighthinch.com

Capri-ottis.

Do it, North Americans Finals in the Thunderdome!

MKE 05-06
CHI 07-Pres.

MKE 05-06
CHI 07-Pres.

I mean Sea vs. RVA, playing the finals in the thunderdome.
MKE 05-06
CHI 07-Pres.

MKE 05-06
CHI 07-Pres.

As happy as I'd be to have this event in the midwest, and as bad-ass of hosts I know the Madison crew to be - Isn't there already a thread for the the 2010 NA's, and aren't formal bids due by tomorrow?

Chicago Bike Polo 2003-2008
St Louis Bike Polo 2008-fun

Retired.

due to who?

HA HA!

Will we need our white tires for this?

3...2...1...GO!

Mallets Of Mayhem

Little Richmond B.O.P.

SILENT MAJORITY!!!!!!!

x2 if you agree

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

3...2...1...GO!

Mallets Of Mayhem

Little Richmond B.O.P.

Can we have a weeklong ride through the farmland of Wisconsin leading up to this? On polo bikes! 20 miles per day. I want to go back to Stanek road

Does not apply at Los Marcos Melee

Does not apply at Los Marcos Melee

Madison's got my vote!

Midwest is best!!

madison is my home town. lets do this!

Bicycle/cykel/自行車/das Fahrrad/polkupyörä/bicicletta/bicicleta/reiðhjól/fiets/يَرْكَبُ درّاجة هوائ

$10,000 cash prize

Hear Hear!

coffee, whiskey, beer. repeat.

2010 NAHBPC Yakima Wa 9 full polo courts for us to tear up http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=yakima+wa&sl...
www.polohaus.blogspot.com
AXLES OF EVIL

who ownsthem?

looks like some sort of tennis country club...highly doubtful they would let us get anywhere near those courts
oddly is also looks kinda photoshopped...
www.mkebikepolo.com

not photoshopped:
heres a bing maps:
http://www.bing.com/maps/?FORM=Z9LH7#JnE9eXAueWFraW1hK3dhJTdlc3N0LjAlN2V...

Bike Polo is Our Language,
Good Will is Our Motto,
Friendship is Our Goal.

Play More Bike Polo Together!

look at all that room for hay bales!

In fort lauderdale we have 15 tennis courts and two full size roller hockey courts in one public park that is easily reserved for tournements.

"ok Mr. Schwinn fucking Armstrong!"
www.burrobags.com

good luck getting those tennis courts!
I think Chrissy Evert might have something to say about that.
jk... I VOTE HOLIDAY PARK!

Bike Polo is Our Language,
Good Will is Our Motto,
Friendship is Our Goal.

Play More Bike Polo Together!

this is my home town in washington and it is a public park and when i lived there 5 years ago they built them so they are new i have only seen 5 tennis players ever there and it is a public park like we all play in every week. Yakima is south central washington and the airport is only 5 minute walk to these courts. i will be going to go check them out thanksgiving weekend when i go home. this proposal is only for fun but its cool that smaller towns have better courts set up than the bigger polo cities and i know for a fact polo is not yet played in Yakima.
AXLES OF EVIL

its just an idea im for madison.
X2

AXLES OF EVIL

I'm all for Madison. Guaranteed they will do an excellent job hosting. Just note the enthusiasm of frequent Madison visitors Cupcake and Double D. above. Never you mind about scrubbing floors. You will be more than adequately repaid in beer and food.

Great hospitality from the Madison folks last NYC in MAD. I doubt we will be scrubbing floors, but I would scrub pots & pans all night for some Hunter family cooking anytime. I'm in on bringing the NA's to one of the most bike friendly towns in the states.

I'll support it if the Hunter douchebags fly me out to play with them or something...

B.O.P. 4-EVA

Okay catfish, I'm going to move my mouth like this...

Madison WI= best bike polo host city!

- Beaver Boys * Milwaukee Bike Polo Club -

Update on the NA bid process

Turns out the first vote for the organizing body wasn't to decide the host city but to extend the deadline for submission. Here are the details:

* Bids are now due Saturday 21st 11:59pm CET
* Q & A about the NAHBPC bids on Nov 22nd, 23rd, 24th.
* Voting Nov 25th-27th.

ben why am i not on this damn committe?
www.mkebikepolo.com

140x65

You weren't cool enough for the secret meeting.
_______
Marco!
I am the Duck.

so when is this happening?

mad_sam (not verified)

July 16, 17, and 18. 2010

thanks sam

100% for sure, ask for time off, book flights, confirmed?

Retired.

yeah. jazz hams and I are planning a bike tour around these dates. we are riding from maine to madison, need to know when we should plan on arriving!

don't book flights yet but reserve that weekend.

You guys really need to nail the date down, your hosting the biggest tourney of the year, its less than 6 months away and you're still waffling about dates. Hate to bitch, but other people need to plan flights, holidays, and their own tourneys....we'd like to know for sure. Especially since you picked a date that I nailed down about 7 months ago, so I have to change all my plans now and go rebook halls, and talk to community centers, and sponsors about date changes. It's still early enough I can do this, but I need to know sooner than later.

what are the dates? post info under tournament page of the forum

polo freaks around the continent want to plan tournament tours!!!

WUPAss
EVBP foreva

Everyone should just plan on coming to Wisconsin for a few weeks, i'm serious. Cap'n jake has some shit up his sleeve in MKE, there will be extended pickup opportunities to be had, and some of the best road riding around, just ask Bueno, Quinn, or Doug D.

that said, let's get some dates.

mad_sam (not verified)

Yeah, let's get some dates

For the love of God, please tell me it's the weekend of July 16-18!

I just found out I have to present my research at a Dairy Science Conference, in Denver, July 11-15.

I will literally DIE of a broken heart if I have to miss any of this magical tournament.

And, Madison, please don't forget, you are welcome to use any of my services in helping run this thing. It's going to be the best tournament yet!

Love forever and ever,
Louisa

...still waiting on a committment for the date.

I heard they are waiting on something from the parks dept. and that once they get that nailed down (Insurance?) they will post the dates.

Yo Dawg I heard you like redundancies so we got a PIN number for your PIN

Jonny, whats the word??? Seattle wants to know! thx.

Matt Messenger
"Messmann"
bikepologuru.com
seattlebikepolo
since 1998

messmann wrote:

Jonny, whats the word??? North America wants to know! thx.

yep .. waiting .........

still waiting .......

x2!! Pitchfork Music Fest is the same weekend and I need to know if I should buy a ticket or not.

Midwest is best!!

COMOMegs wrote:

x2!! Pitchfork Music Fest is the same weekend and I need to know if I should buy a ticket or not.

Yeah, and three day tickets are already sold out...I really want to do both and it will be disappointing if this late in the game, the NAs change weekends.

no dates are the new hay bales

we have the weekend of 16-18 confirmed for our location. Why i haven't confirmed is because justin asked if other dates could be a potential because of the calgary area 51 tourney. I'm just waiting for that so i know for sure. But if this drags any further i'm going to confirm for the 16-18,

thanks

Dates have been Confirmed, NAHBPC 2010 will take place from July 16-18 in beautiful Madison, WI

wahooo!

Good deal. I'll request off from work and save my pennies.

Bike Polo Ronin

damn! okay cowtown, what are your plans now?

What the hell do you think martin?... put on the best damn tourny yet .. any requests we missed last year I can pen in the agenda?..

Yeah, what's the fucking date?

Same weekend as the Euros. Bummer -- I would have liked to come to both.

MALICE for the people.

I'll be there. Also thinking about coming early and/or staying late for pickup & mischief.

the j is for jesse
Troy, NY: 2008 - 2010
Seattle, WA: 2010 - 2013
Austin, TX? polo!???

Come to Chicago for pre-NAs pick up, please! It will be rad!

Midwest is best!!

NO! come to MKE and play at the worlds largest outdoor music festival! june 24th -july4th

How about both? Seems like there's plenty of time to get from MKE to CHI to MAD!

edit: see this thread.

the j is for jesse
Troy, NY: 2008 - 2010
Seattle, WA: 2010 - 2013
Austin, TX? polo!???

come on cap'n jacob, there are far better reasons to visit MKE than summerfest. actually summerfest is a reason to steer clear.

true. summerfest basicallly sucks. but there has never been bike polo at summerfest before! so maybe we will make it that much cooler. looks like the eastsides will be June 25-26 so i may try to schedule the summer fest play for the next weekend. when the time comes i will start a seperate thread for summerfest tourney/demo
stay tuned! back to northamericans discussion...

hey isn't there a parking garage right beside the summerfest grounds?

I imagine it will be quite full during Summerfest. Also, there are lots of police around.

ya that was a joke.

You know how MKE police and their parking garages are.....

Midwest is best!!

X2
Wisco Vaca!

is there another thread on this(about NA's)??? or is it no one has commented since feb 23?

Hey Jonny, will there be camping @ court site???

Matt Messenger
"Messmann"
bikepologuru.com
seattlebikepolo
since 1998

Closing this thread in favour of the tournament calendar posting, http://www.leagueofbikepolo.com/nahbpc2010