Machine Politics vs L'Équipe, August 2010. Photo by Steph Simcox
NA Hardcourt 2011 Tour Update
After many meetings and much deliberation, the Tournament Committee has a final structure for the 2011 Tour. Many thanks to Kev, Ben, Lisa, Kiersten, Sven, Coach, Justin, and my fellow SW regional reps Joker and Joel for their generous investment of time and knowledge.
Structure - 7 Qualifying Tournaments:
• Each NAH region (7 in total) is responsible for holding a two day tournament accommodating 32 or more teams. Swiss rounds on day one and double elimination on day two. This tournament must be held before July 12th. The current NAH Rules are to be used.
• Southwest – 32 teams – Phoenix, AZ, January 29-30 - Registration 1/12 at noon MST
• South Central – 36 teams – Little Rock, AR, March 26-27 - Registration 1/28 at noon CST
• Midwest – 48 teams – Bloomington, IN, May 21-22
• Cascadia - ?? teams - Portland, OR, May 21-22
• Southeast – 32 teams – Savannah, GA, May 28-29 - Registration March 4th at 11PM EST
• Northside – 48 teams – TBD, around July 1
• Eastside – 48 teams - June 11-12
• 75% of the available spots at each qualifier are reserved for teams with at least two players from the host region. The remaining spots (25%) are reserved for teams composed of 2 or more players from outside the region of the hosted tournament.
• Registration for each qualifier should not occur sooner than 2 weeks after the tournament has been announced on the LOBP. Registration should begin at least 30 days before the date of the qualifier.
• Ten days before the tournament begins, the 75%/25% regional restriction will be removed; opening any remaining spots to all teams, regardless of their regional makeup.
• Registration will be managed by NAH via the web and will be detailed in the near future. Registration info for each qualifier such as teams, participants and registration times will be made viewable to all.
NAHBPC Qualification and Registration:
• Players placing in the top 8 teams at each qualifier can register immediately for NAHBPC. Players are not required to stay on the team they qualified with. A team registering for NAHBPC must have at least two players that placed in the top 8 at one NAH qualifier.
• Players placing in the top 9-12 of teams at each qualifier can register immediately for the NAHBPC Wildcard tourney. Players can mix teams around, but at least two players registering on a team need to have been on a team placing in the top 12 at one qualifier.
• Official qualifer results will be published by NAH.
• All qualified registration must occur before July 15th at 12 noon EDT.
• Any unclaimed wildcard spots will be made available online for all to register at 12 noon EDT on July 18th. No qualification is required for this very limited number of spots.
• The number of wildcard teams advancing to the championship tournament will be determined shortly after the close of qualified registration (July 15th at 12 noon EDT).
• One day Swiss Rounds tourney with 32 teams.
• The number of spots advancing is equal to 64 minus the number of qualified teams that have registered for the NAHBPC. As an example, the top 8 wildcard spots will advance if 56 teams register for the NAHBPC.