EHBPC 2013, Qualification Process
Location and general discussion: http://leagueofbikepolo.com/forum/tournaments/2012/09/08/ehbpc-2013
This thread is for discussing qualification options. It's not a vote, but please discuss what you like and don't like, and why.
A EHBPA committee may end up making the final decision, but as that may not happen in time for 2013, it would be good to get a consensus.
1) National qualifiers and allocations (like the last few years, but for each country)
2) City/scene qualifiers and allocations (like 2009)
3) Large regional qualifiers (with a percentage of out of region teams allowed).
4) Open qualifying tournaments
5) No qualifier, just a big first round/open wildcard, some teams pre-qualified for second round (for example countries in top 32 this year) (probably 5 day Euros).
6) Top teams by stats (HCBP.org)
If national (or city):
1) Does every country gets at least 1 slot?
2) How do we decide who gets how slots? Past results?
3) Is the priority the best teams, the most countries, or a mix of both?
1) A few, for example 5, regions in Europe
2) Many smaller regional qualifiers, big countries get their own, smaller countries join together in 2s or 3s.
3) What percentage of spots reserved for in-region teams. 2/3?
1) Is this even realistic?
2) How do we decide the teams? First-come-first-serve? Reserve spots for top 32 finishers? Reserve spots for each country?
3) How many tournaments/qualifying spots?
If no qualifier?
1) No limit on teams? Otherwise minimum allocations for countries, and then first-come-first-served?
2) How do we prioritise the best teams, pre-qualify some to a second round?
Based on stats?
1) Do we get as many tournaments as possible into HCPB.org, and work out who the best players are over the last 12 months, they can then enter teams?
I'll add more options if people suggest them.