Machine Politics vs L'Équipe, August 2010. Photo by Steph Simcox
THE LADIES ARMY PRESENTS.... 1st EVER ALL WOMEN'S TOURNAMENT
A one day extravaganza of female polo talent brought to you by the women of East Van and the ladies of Cascadia.
Grandview Park Vancouver, BC
(intersection of Charles St. and Commercial Drive)
Registration is at 10:00 am.
We hit the courts at 11:00am.
No 'polo time'.
OFFICIAL RULES OF THE LADIES ARMY PRESENTS...
1. Shoot with the business end of your mallet - that's the round "end" folks - or else its a "shuffle".
2. Ball joint – pass to another player off a ball joint before your team can score.
3. If your foot hits the ground its called a "dab" and you need to tap out on either side of centre court to engage in play again. Two sided (something loud, high hats)
4. When your team scores, head back to your end and wait for the other team’s first player to cross half before engaging them in play again.
5. Three contact rules that are acceptable:
Bike on Bike
Body on Body
Mallet on Mallet
We don't appreciate contact combinations (i.e. mallet on bike) and you will be called out!! Also, even though bike on bike contact is okay, there are no t-bones! Mallet on mallet is okay but no wind up hacks! Person on person is good but no punches to the face!
6. One etiquette rule:
Play others as they play you (i.e. if a player isn't roughing you up, don't take them out).
7. Passes to your own teammate through the offensive goal can not be scored immediately. The ball must be passed first.
8. All bar ends and mallets must be plugged.
9. No own goals.
10. No mallet throwing.
11. We seriously encourage the use of a helmet.
12. Goals are at cone height.
L'il Miss Used
(on behalf of Polly, Naomi, Cara, p*cakes, Scora Lora, the new EVBP girls and our favourite ladies from Victoria Seattle and Portland)