Jump to Navigation

Login / Register

St Cago bike polo mallets DZR bike shoes for street and bike polo Velolocuma bicycles Riding in Circles

Website help / FAQ

Having problems with something on the website? Post a comment here and i'll see what i can do to help.

if you're having problems logging in, use the contact form linked at the top of the page.

I tried to change my picture and could delete old one and browse for new one but there was no ipload button?

help me please 

no dice nyc...MKE!

When I click you profile it shows you new picture...

Your thumbnail is up now too.

Hey Kev, any chance we can get some sort of a "whisper" or private message function?

slapdick bike polo - washington dc

ya, i can do that eventually.  for now, just click on their user and then their contact page, it'll send them an email. 

wow, no problems.  awesome.

Just thought I would say my google search for bike polo listed bikepolo.ca as number 3... Nice work.

it's a bit higher on google in canada than the rest of the world, cause of the URL with .ca but it'll catch up in the US soon enough.  make a link on your myspace / facebook / blogs, please!  let's make the pie higher. 

Heya- My account won't seem to accept the profile thumbnails I'm sending it: They're 8k, 100x75, but no dice, I get this instead:

* The selected file /tmp/tmp_igzCk3 could not be copied.
* Failed to upload the picture image; the pictures directory doesn't exist or is not writable.

?
Thanks!
Emerson.

Yep, I'm having the same issue here. Any help would be awesome. (Maybe it's just because I'm using a mac.)

naw, somethins f'ed up. i'll fix it.

ok, it's fixed up i think. i had to give you boring images for the time being to test. go to your account, edit, delete the photo, save, and then edit again and upload a new one. the cache might still show the old one for a little while, but eventually the new and proper photo shwill show up.

Schweet, thanks.

right on. muchos gracias.

Kev,

I noticed on the NACCC thread that when I see that there is a new post and I click on the thread, and then click on the 2nd page, no highlighted comment boxes appear. I'm thinking this is because I already clicked on the main thread, and then when I go to the 2nd page it gets rid of what should be highlighted.

Do you know what I'm trying to say here? I think you do. If so have you encountered this and can you fix it for my OCD brain? It gets mad if it doesn't see every update to a thread that it has been reading.

Thanks,

Mark's head.

Posted a comment in the Federation thread, and the thread disappeared. Is my comment still out there somewhere? Is the whole thread gone?

Montana might have deleted it. It's possible to delete your own thread.

Yeah, I pulled the plug, sorry kids. It was getting pretty stupid, and it had done it's job. I saw someone say some pretty antagonistic shit to one of the Euros, and I was worried about alienating people. Almost everyone took it pretty seriously, and I want to hear more of what people have to say, but I want to give it a minute to cool off. I will post again soon with some more specifics, and with responses to some of the concerns which have come up. In the meantime, please continue to contact me directly, I will get back to you promptly. montana@bicyclestable.com

kev, there is any help or how to about posting pictures and making quotes of other people?
thanks a lot

Rik
Berlin Bike Polo 2010
London Bike Polo 2008 - 2010

Hey Rik,

Quotes are pretty easy, just click the quote link on a comment and don't mess with the parts in [square brackets].

Images need to be posted in HTML. the HTML for images is like this:

< img src="http://URLOFIMAGE.jpg"> (without the space before "img")

For example, the URL of your avatar is http://www.leagueofbikepolo.com/files/imagecache/90px-wide-profilepictur..., So if i wanted to put this photo somewhere i would put

< img src="http://www.leagueofbikepolo.com/files/imagecache/90px-wide-profilepicture/pictures/picture-320.jpg">

At the moment you can't upload images into a comment but that will change soon enough.

test, sorry for the size

Rik
Berlin Bike Polo 2010
London Bike Polo 2008 - 2010

Thats my mallet! (Kerma, I love those bendy handles)

:)

--
bikepolo.com.au
urbanbicyclist.org

--
bikepolo.com.au
urbanbicyclist.org

Is there a way to edit your club name?

1) Navigate to it
2) click edit
3) change the first field

you have be the original creator of the club listing. if you're not, contact the person who is, and/or lemme know.

not a big deal but the Worlds link in the side bar is not working for me

Doug D
Brooklyn, New York
hardcourtbikepolo+gmail+com
hardcourtbikepolo.com

Is it possible to have more than one polo bike listed any more? I know I see other people with a list of a couple of bikes as they retire them, yet when I try to upload my new bike it seems I have to remove the old one. is this because of the new format?

I think you can add another bike by nav'ing to your current bike page, selecting the 'edit' tab, scroll down a bit and click the 'Add another Item' button. Upload the pic from there and add comment with the additional info link.

either the search isn't working or i'm doing it wrong :(

-my stomach is a pickle-

hmm, thanks for pointing that out, that bug is fresh. not sure if i'll have time to fix that before berlin tho. it's midnight and i get on a plane in 6 hours

EDIT: fixed. the search index was corrupt.

that said it may take overnight for the whole search index to be rebuilt. if you need something tonight try searching on google and just add "site:leagueofbikepolo.com"

awesome thanks!

-my stomach is a pickle-

our club is trying to choose the best date to throw a tournament. a huge help in doing so would be a calendar view that shows days of each month (kinda like a calendar app on a smart phone) and a link to every scheduled tournament (maybe even rumors too?) on their respective days. this sort of visual representation would be much easier to plan an event than having to view several different threads for tournament dates, places, etc. thanks!

---------------------------
carve. smash. eat shit.

kev, I envy you not…

How come the text goes right through the date/time stamp in the right hand corner and makes it almost impossible to read? I find it very annoying, is there some way to correct that? Is it just my browser? WTF?

hmm maybe just your browser, what you using?

Speaking of date/time.

I've noticed for a long time that the timestamps are always wrong. they're always in the same blocks of minutes. eg. there will be n different posts and they'll be like: 08:09am, 10:09am, 11:09am, 01:09pm, 03:07pm, 04:07pm, 10:07pm, 11:04pm, 12:04pm etc. It can span any amount of time, hours, days, weeks... whatever. If I look at Jonny's topic about his restaurant, the first 25 posts all end in :08 and the latest one is :09.

FF 3.5.11

ha, i noticed this recently but figured it was anomaly. Timestamps have the right hour but the minutes are fucked. Looking into this, but i think it's yet another sign that i need to jump to a better server setup.

edit: oops, minutes were being displayed as months. haha. fixed.

can we have the X 2 button back?

bike polo hotline

When one picks "Active Topics" it doesn't appear to pull from the "Off Topic" section. By design?

Yep

bummer.

Can we change this? At least as a trial? If the OT get's spammy then i'm fine to change it back, just currently OT threads don't really ever go anywhere.

no, charlie.

nobody likes trying new things in bike polo.

i'm having to add '#new' to a lot of thread urls in order to see the latest posts. this is both in firefox (pretty recent version) on a pc and safari 5.0.2 on a mac. not really a big deal. just thought you should know about it, thanks for keeping up the site. i can pay more attention to which ones it does this on if that would help as it's probably 20% of the threads i click on.

-my stomach is a pickle-

even if you click the "3 new" link?

lol, i'm a dumbass, i just click the thread title....but sometimes it works/comes up with new posts, i swear! like i said not a big deal, this is the place to come for my polo fix, thanks again.

-my stomach is a pickle-

I want to edit some info on the BS3 Ghetto polo page but I don't have the permission to do this, I am not the original creator of the page so I suppose this is the reason why.

How can I change this? The creator isn't an active player anymore so I would like to take over this role.
Rich

Done, edit away!

i seem to be able to edit some of my posts.. but not others.. is there a reason for that?

if someone replied to you, you can't edit.

registration dates on calendar, as well as nah deadlines

all day all night

Is anyone else having problems with the text, images and layout size changing to 300% its original size after submitting a post or simply navigating around the site?

I am using Chrome 10.X on a windows machine.

Case in point, it just happened after I hit submit.

• ballon.png

OK figured it out with Kev's help. Somehow either windows or google Chrome is increasing the zoom of the page while I navigate the site.

If this happens to anyone else a simple click of "CTRL+0" resizes the page to normal and away from zoomed in.

Uno problemo: I submitted a new bike and it's not showing up on my profile or on the bikes page. I can get to the full view page of it with a direct link though. Here it is: http://leagueofbikepolo.com/bike/pete/bruise-wayne

fixed

how does one change club "managers"? im the club rep but cant edit club info..

You would have to ask emforcer to do that for you I believe.

have her click on the Members tab and then click on "create admin" for you.

Hey Kev,

Having trouble uploading a tournament poster when seting up a new tournament.. it loads about 90% the this error message:

An HTTP error 0 occurred. /filefield/ahah/tournament/field_tournament_poster/0

Thanks

can you try another browser? and then lemme know which browser worked, and which one didn't.

Tried Firefox, Explorer and Chrome... same issue.

Resized the image to 500K and it worked (sorry), was 1.4M before that.

hmm, 1.4m should still have worked. thanks for letting me know, i'll check into this, and at worst put some help text to use smaller size images.

so, what is up with the blog lag?
does it just update once a week now?

give blood. play polo.

good q, at the moment it's not automagically updating,i have to force it. i'll get it back to a daily update soon.

lazy bitch.

Is there still an active LoBP suggestion thread?

- Beaver Boys * Milwaukee Bike Polo Club -

the heff doesnt know how to do it.. but can i be made the manager of saskatoons polo page?

http://leagueofbikepolo.com/club/saskatoon-bike-polo

you can ask her. its legit.

done!

How do I add a new club?

There's a link here: http://leagueofbikepolo.com/clubs

So, i can't figure out how to upload a bike to the bikes page. Is something wonky, or am i just dumb?

Preying mantis on the court and I can't be beat...

oops i accidentally hid the link from the top of the page. ill add it back later, but until then its http://leagueofbikepolo.com/node/add/polobike

Is it possible to go to the /forum page when you click forum in the menu instead of going to /forum/active

That used to be the way. Just bookmark http://leagueofbikepolo.com/forum and you can see the subforums. Almost every thread is tournament postings nowadays anyway....

people started using the serch function!?

Kev, is there an easy way to make it so that when I click a link it opens in a new tab?

Hold down control when you click. Works in Chrome, IE and Firefox anyway.

but I want kev to do it!

thanks John.

If you have a scroll wheel you can click that too

Winston Salem NC Bike Polo

Sweet jesus you just blew my mind!!

Buy me a plane ticket to seattle and i'll come click your mouse for you. Or, you could just move to Toronto.

Toronto couldn't even handle me.

Kev,
Is there any way we could subscribe to threads without commenting? I'd like to be able to go Home>My Account>Track and see what I've commented on and subscribed to.

Conversely, is there any way we could unsubscribe to threads that we once commented on but no longer care about (e.g. a tourney you originally thought you could attend)?

Thanks, man.

Been meaning to do something like this for awhile, thanks for the kick in the ass, and spelling it out so clearly.

See http://leagueofbikepolo.com/forum/my and give me feedback!

Thanks, kev! This is a great addition

The forum is looking much much better on my droid now. Thanks!!

Ya this mobile layout is killing it

Can we go ahead and just list off-topic under active topics? I ask because the new layout links the active forum topics under "Forum" instead of actual forum subsections page. Just seems pointless to have OT forum hidden away and so dead.

There's a link at the top of the forum page that goes straight to off topic, so it's still as easy to get to as before. i just need a place to dump stuff that's irrelevant to polo, rather than deleting it outright...

Also, it is like near impossible to get to the off topic page on the new mobile version!

do we have the number of players in the world?

Hey Kev, my upvotes seem to count for double. When I click the little "x" on a post, it goes to 2. I know that my opinion is very important, and thus may count for more, but I worry this might be an error.

It's working correctly.

Think of it like this: the post itself is x1, your like is x2, the next like is x3, and so on...

Yeah this.

I think it's an inside joke for LOBP? I don't go to enough other forums to know. Can't remember when this started, probably in 2008.

Word.

Hey Kev, I just noticed there is no HTTPS version of the site (well there is, but it seems to point to some unrelated canadian site).

Not a big deal, I only noticed as I was on a public wifi connection in a cafe, and didn't want to send my password in plain text.

If it's a cost issue, you can get free SSL certificates with very good browser support, at http://www.startssl.com/

On the list, thanks for the reminder.

https is now in place ...

For those of you wondering about (unrelated) downtime the last couple days, i had a backup run wild and fill up a disk, and my alarm didn't go off like it shoulda to let me know.

Hi Kev, I created a thread on lobp and I would like to change things on it. I didn't found somethind to edit the first post. Can ou help me?

And there's another question: I want to update the infos about my club, but I'm not the "manager" and the manager doesn't play anymore. How can we do ?

Thank you

OK you can now edit the original post in a forum thread.

And i updated the Montpellier manager so you can now edit it.

it's not a major issue, but every time i get to the site, i need to login twice, because the first login/password is recognized as wrong.

i usually log on via the "you don't have permission" page i get forwarded to by entering https://leagueofbikepolo.com/forum/new

i'm using chrome on windows and have my password saved in sync

Weird. That /forum/new URL works, but it hasn't been in the navigation forever, you have it bookmarked from awhile ago?

In any case, i just tried and wasn't able to reproduce that issue. i logged in from that URL on the first try, also on Chrome. OS wouldn't make a diff. I tried both the Login/Register dropdown in the top menu, and the form presented on the Access Denied page.

i don't know if that address was ever in navigation or if i just 'discovered' it and made it my go-to landing page for lobp. i get the same double login at any page using my saved password. if i type it in, it sometimes works the first try, and other times needs a second time. it's really bizarre.

So; we seem to have two tournament posts for Winnipeg's February indoor tournament. I can't figure out how to delete mine (which was dated 2013, because i'm an idiot). Can you make that disappear?

done

thanks!