Jump to Navigation

Login / Register

St Cago bike polo mallets DZR bike shoes for street and bike polo Velolocuma bicycles Riding in Circles

Two on Two stradegies.

We play two on two occasionally at the end of the night when everyone else is gone and we can't get a came.  But East Van is holding a two on two tourney and some of us are thinking of going.

How do you two on two vets change up your game plan from 3 on 3.

So much of our two on two play seems to be based on getting past the last defender.  After that it's an open court for a fast break to the goal.  

How do you see the game? 

make sure you have a left and right handed  team.

EVBP
Northern Standard

left and right handed go well together, i agree. getting past the defenders is important. positioning is also very important. don't make the break if you can't get around their first player at least. also, yer second player will probs have to hang back a bit more. i feel this may go the route of hilighting the individual skills over team play (something i'm not stoked on but we'll see). one attacking/challenging and one back would seem to be the foundation that you grow from for this type of play. if there is a dabber you have a big opportunity for some quick psyche-out passes and an easy goal.

my two cents...

Okay catfish, I'm going to move my mouth like this...

two-on-two is the bomb.  it highlights not only individual but team play.  you have to poach and be on the look-out for individual opportunities but also you only have one other player to back you up so you have to have great teamwork and passing in place. i've found that two-on-two is so similar to three-on-three that it makes for great practice for the big game.  so many situations in three-on-three are just miniature two-on-twos, especially on the breaks and defending against a break.  rarely are all six players involved in the play so it breaks down into two-on-ones, one-on-ones. my strategy is to just ride as fast as possible and avoid foot-downs, which are death.  not getting broken-on seems to be key.  taking the ball and just running up the court to try and break works pretty well.  sticking someone in net when they are coming works but only temporarily, you have to be able to switch it up and go the other way.  big passes become key because they are short a defender. rory's strategy is to just score those annoying slow goals all the time, which he does very well.  martin loves to pop them in from half.  

never be too close to your teammate.

take shots but also pass it up or drop it back keep the ball moving direction and jump when you got both of them going the same, and wrong, way.

or F the defence and screen one guy as your teammate has the ball so they can then go 1 on 1 with the defenseman. duck an aesy shot right behind the rear wheel.

figure the rest out yourself, good luck. 

Doug D

Brooklyn, New York

http://www.hardcourtbikepolo.com/

Doug D
Brooklyn, New York
hardcourtbikepolo+gmail+com
hardcourtbikepolo.com