Jump to Navigation

Login / Register

St Cago bike polo mallets DZR bike shoes for street and bike polo Velolocuma bicycles Riding in Circles

Durable fork for a keirin polo bike

Durable fork for a keirin polo bike

I am starting a build up on a keirin frame and need advice from the community. I'm looking to find a 1" threadless fork with cantilever posts that will accept a 700x32 tire (ideally under $120). Suggestions?

Thank you!

surly long haul trucker fork is the only 1" i can think of that has cantis.

I saw that (and the Crosscheck fork), do I need to worry about the fork snapping at the mid-blade eyelets?

Worth it.

I would just go with a fork off a hybrid. It'll be plenty durable. There aren't many options in 1 inch diameter.

The long haul trucker only comes in a 1 1/8 flavor. I think you are thinking about the Surly Cross Check. But I think it'd be the same as a fork off a hybrid, not particularly stronger. I'd worry more about the angle of the headtube and how that will effect handling with a new fork. The option to weld some canti posts on a track fork is always there. It would maintain the handling characteristics at the cost of durability.

Edit:grammer

- Sincerely
Olsen Aviles

oops, you're right, cross check not trucker.

also if you're going the route of welding i'd suggest more of a fixed frestyle fork like the lurker fork from grand royal over a true track fork for durability.

keirin frame... why? why not just flip that thing or build it up as a track bike and get something more reasonable for polo? one inch is a bottomless pitt. i wouldn't even fuck with it. i'm sure addison would let you borrow his old 700c bike with the 26" front wheel.

---------------------------
carve. smash. eat shit.

check out the all city big block fork, fits 32s and has held up reasonably well for me for a year @ 1" - you would be stuck w/ caliper brakes though.

clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

Good lord man change your name already.
Also, forget the canti posts, just brace them on.
Big block fork+a little time at Blue City seems the best option.

You'll see. Unless you drilled out your eyes because they were too heavy.

Big Block forks are 1 1/8"

Keep your standards low, and morale high.

YasMada wrote:

Big Block forks are 1 1/8"

unless they stopped producing it, it comes in 1 inch. i just check qbp and it's there, just on back order.

whoa, didn't know. looks like the 1" version is back in stock estimated February first. I was basing that on my Big Block that has a 1 1/8" heat tube.

Keep your standards low, and morale high.