Jump to Navigation

Login / Register

St Cago bike polo mallets DZR bike shoes for street and bike polo Velolocuma bicycles Riding in Circles

Do any of you play on a 26" BMX or 26" FGFS frame?

Just curious what your thoughts are on using a 26" BMX for polo. I'm looking for a new frame/fork that can serve multiple purpose of a polo, park & bar bike that fits within with my limited/embarrassing budget.

I've seen a few guys riding them for polo and theyll work just as good as anything except a custom polo frame. I would advise finding one with v brakes instead of u.

Winston Salem NC Bike Polo

IMHO...the limitations are the stock super long top tubes which stretch out the cockpit too far. I almost went this route because there are a few frames with lifetime warranties and those things can take a beating. 26x2.35 = 700x18 or 24x2.5 = 26x1.0...I think. I play on a track frame and just go gentle but there's a part of me that still wants to get rad on one of those 24 or 26 frames for sure.

Please play on a 24" frame.

you trying to kick me out of the 700 club? Pat Robertson might have something to say about such blasphemy!

I just want to see you hop around on a tiny bike. Nothing rude.

having never owned a bmx or a 24 I opted for a track frame (better the devil you know than the devil you don't)...but I bet you can make those little things sit up and beg for buttermilk.

Surly 1x1 never did me wrong

We got a guy here in LA that plays on 26in BMX. He does good on it. Had to put in a super long seat post that can get flexy though and the bike felt a tad long to me.

It really depends on your playing style as to whether it will suit you. If you want to be maneuverable, fast, and have an easy bike to flick around then its not really the bike for you. If you are willing to sacrifice some of that agility and speed for a stability than it might suit you.

- Sincerely
Olsen Aviles

Thanks for the replies. None of the lbs' carry them so a test ride is out of the question until I go to Minneapolis. Just trying to get some options without having much of a budget for a new bike.