Jump to Navigation

Login / Register

St Cago bike polo mallets DZR bike shoes for street and bike polo Velolocuma bicycles Riding in Circles

Fixcraft face cage for Bern helmet

Anyone point my in the direction of some place that sells it seperately? I have a Bern helmet already, and want a cage for it.

I'm not sure if they sell their cages separately, but you can ask them! http://www.bluecollardistro.com/fixcraft/product_info.php?products_id=56...

They do, that's where I bought mine last year.
But I know also that Zerge aka David Varga from Torino and the Budapest Bike Polo team was selling one a few weeks ago, maybe it's still available.

Just go to Big 5 Sporting goods. They sell cages there for $12. Just made me one today. They got like 4 different styles.

• helmet.jpg

Big5 doesn't sell the cages on line. Bill--->London.

Oh...Sorry Bill should of looked into it more. What about a cricket cage? Thats what I wanted at first, but cant find out here. Dont know if it would work, worth checking out if you can find them local.

The cricket cage will work, with mods, but isn't as nice a solution as the fixcraft cages.

It's strange because few months ago i have bought the cage only from their website.

Anyway, did you ever try it Bill? If you can find one around i highly recommend you to try it before buying.

helmet wrote:

It's strange because few months ago i have bought the cage only from their website.

Anyway, did you ever try it Bill? If you can find one around i highly recommend you to try it before buying.

No, but I really don't like the hockey helmets. The noise when the ball hits the side of the helmet is really distracting, and I don't find the helmet at all comfortable. I might see if I can get one of London's Ladies Army teams to get one for me.

How often does the ball get hit off your helmet?

kev wrote:

How often does the ball get hit off your helmet?

At least twice since I got the helmet, which was less than 6 months ago. I also have doubts about how much it would protect my head if fell on it.

Ok, is this basically what the Fixcraft thing is?

http://www.baseballandsoftball.co.uk/acatalog/Rawlings--RWG--Batting-Hel...

Cos I can actually order that online here.

Looks like the cage might just be out of stock on the fixcraft site? If you go through the fixcraft site rather than bluecollardistro it's not listed with the helmet or on it's own. It was definitely for sale there on it's own in the last couple of months.

The cage you linked is a thicker gauge metal, looks like it's got two bars together across the centre, definitely not the same product but close, and about half the price when you factor in shipping.

UPDATE: I just heard that the masks will be here and ready to go up online by next week.

Hey guys! I'm the guy doing the ordering over here at fixcraft. Here's the deal with the cage we offered. The face cage we were getting was not available wholesale, only retail. Our retail supplies ran out before the new year, as they updated the helmet it was designed to go on and they let the supply channels run out. I did get ahold of a wholesale rep earlier this month and ordered a bulk shipment of 50+ face cages in the warehouse somewhere. However they have not shown up yet. I'll try to update in this thread when they come in.

Any cage can probably work, it's just the one we found fit perfectly. The fixcraft one just comes with all the right hardware, and the foam pad already installed to make it easier.

Also, we did discontinue the assembled helmet as the overhead on them was preventing us from doing other things. So in short we plan on carrying the cage again, asap, they just aren't here yet.

Thanks for everyone's help on this, much appreciated!

Thanks for everyone's help on this, much appreciated!