Jump to Navigation

Login / Register

St Cago bike polo mallets DZR bike shoes for street and bike polo Velolocuma bicycles Riding in Circles

True meaning behind your gear ratio

I play with a gear ratio of 22:15. I just randomly searched this in google to see if these numbers had any significance and a few bible verses came up.
I'm not a very religious person but I read these verses. Some of the verses could be reworded to make sense with polo. For instance:
Revalations 22:15
"Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood."
- magic arts - we always joke about what sorcery people are using when they make an amazing goal
- (all other stuff you can draw your own connections)

Proverbs 22:15
"Foolishness is bound up in the heart of a child;
The rod of discipline will remove it far from him."
- (foolishness referring to the ballhogger and my rod of discipline removes it from him)

Acts 22:15
"You will be his witness to all men of what you have seen and heard."
- (witness my greatness at this polo tournament)

I wanna hear what other people's ratios are and what significance those might have.

My ratio is 36:22. Now, I am not religious at ALL, but maybe the verses I found below have made me believe..........

Job 36:22
"Behold, God exalteth by his power: who teacheth like him?"

-God is probably really great at polo. Or, it can mean, 'Hey slayers, give us a lesson or 2 of how to mirror your mighty slaying skillz.'

Ezekiel 36:22
"...It is not for your sake, people of Israel, that I am going to do these things, but for the sake of my holy name, which you have profaned among the nations where you have gone."

-Hey, Israel (aka Pelon from ATX) I will redeem my holy name sake and my family's honor and beat you in a tournament one day, because you really embarrassed me in front of all my friends (where you have gone).

I also found this song about my ratio

The song's true meaning is about how sexy my polo bike is, 'head to feet'.
Enjoy!

Legalize Hand Throws - 2014

26:19

26 hours in a day. 19 days in a month. I'm pretty big into science.

Combination of choice: Smash + Bang

Exodus 34:19

"The firstborn of every animal belongs to me, including the firstborn males from your herds of cattle and your flocks of sheep and goats."

the king james version is also interesting:

"All that openeth the matrix is mine; and every firstling among thy cattle, whether ox or sheep, that is male."

Gimme all your red pills?

22:16 (dont ask, waiting on a 26 chainring)

Acts 22:16

And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptized and wash your sins away, calling on his name.’

Get rad

Job 36:21
Beware of turning to evil, which you seem to prefer to affliction.

Maybe I should change my ratio, and go for 23:20...

Ezekiel 23:20 - "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses."

καὶ ἡνίκα ἤγγιζεν τῇ παρεμβολῇ ὁρᾷ τὸν μόσχον καὶ τοὺς χορούς καὶ ὀργισθεὶς θυμῷ μωυσῆς ἔρριψεν ἀπὸ τῶν χειρῶν αὐτοῦ τὰς δύο πλάκας καὶ συνέτριψεν αὐτὰς ὑπὸ τὸ ὄρος

You're all a bunch of fucking apostates. REPENT!

25:16

Fuck your bible.

Genesis Chapter 35 verse 22

And it came to pass, when Israel dwelt in that land, that Reuben went and lay with Bilhah his father’s concubine: and Israel heard it. Now the sons of Jacob were twelve:

Lulz.

36:22 ≈ the golden ratio (well, 1.63 vs 1.62 but that's close enough for me)

the closest i could fine when i googled bhagavad gita is "self pity is the ultimate sin".

this thread is making me change my ratio to (Ezekiel) 25:17, would be just pure badass!

Job 39:22
It laughs at fear, afraid of nothing;
it does not shy away from the sword.

30/20

- A performance dry dog food from Purina.
http://www.proplan.com/dry-dog-food/sport-all-life-stages-performance-30...

35/21=1.666

"And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

...And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. If any man have an ear, let him hear. He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints."

This calls for wisdom: let the one who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man, and his number is 666.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
fixcraft.net

Nick Kruse wrote:

35/21=1.667

Ezekiel 38:22
And I will plead against him with pestilence and with blood; and I will rain upon him, and upon his bands, and upon the many people that are with him, an overflowing rain, and great hailstones, fire, and brimstone.

39:20 - Job

"Can you make him afraid as a grasshopper? the glory of his nostrils is terrible."

The fuck?

Ezekiel really is the shit.

E 30:21

"Son of man, I have broken the arm of Pharaoh king of Egypt. It has not been bound up to be healed or put in a splint so that it may become strong enough to hold a sword."

(Yeah so I forgot my ratio above)

Coming soon: Ezekiel crankset freewheel combos

#fixcraftfriday

Pretty much every verse in that book is about fucking shit up.

I need to get stronger so I can run 38:20

"The fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, the beasts of the field, every creature that moves along the ground, and all the people on the face of the earth will tremble at my presence. The mountains will be overturned, the cliffs will crumble and every wall will fall to the ground."