Jump to Navigation

Login / Register

St Cago bike polo mallets DZR bike shoes for street and bike polo Velolocuma bicycles Riding in Circles

Opinion: weld disc tabs to Milwaukee fork

I want to add disc tabs to a Milwaukee Bruiser fork. I'm hearing mixed opinions on this. good idea? bad idea?

3 of us in Portland have disc brakes on Bruiser forks! Vince did all the work. Just come to polo tomorrow at 5:30 at Alberta park, we're eager to meet you.

that's about a 36hr drive, not sure I'll make it in time. haha. thanks for the info.

memphisbikepolo.com

Whoops, thought you were someone else obviously...

but still eager to meet you.

hey adam, I had a disc tab welded to my bruiser fork. I had the version with the U brakes (v2) and had just a front tab put on by garth here in Seattle. I sold it to robert in ann arbor (I think) and it worked good for me. I don't know what the mixed opinions were about but the disc brake is a great option for the v2 bruisers since u brakes are difficult to adjust and some people just don't want to worry about having perfectly true rims.look at my profile and previously owned bikes, it's the beef mod bruiser.

dont quote me on this but you might want to wait around a couple months and see what happens

i like the sound of that. time to start saving my pennies.

memphisbikepolo.com

i'd buy one if there were a lefty version (tab/caliper backwards, on the other side of the fork)

for real

memphisbikepolo.com

build a jig from a piece of all-thread, some nuts, and a piece of wood/steel.

calibrate the jig with an existing disc fork and drill holes where the mount should be.

buy it here... http://www.cycle-frames.com/bicycle-frame-tubing/DISC-BRAKE-MOUNT/

put the jig on your fork flipped lefty.

braze it on.

zulu hotel wrote:

braze it on.

Buy $300 oxy-acetylene kit, find a place to fill tanks, learn to braze, fuck up the alignment, torch it off, clean it up, start over, too much heat, ruin the fork, buy new fork, pay someone else to braze on disc tabs.

ITS THAT EASY.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
fixcraft.net

BoozeKruse wrote:
zulu hotel wrote:

braze it on.

Buy $300 oxy-acetylene kit, find a place to fill tanks, learn to braze, fuck up the alignment, torch it off, clean it up, start over, too much heat, ruin the fork, buy new fork, pay someone else to braze on disc tabs.

ITS THAT EASY.

ha... mostly true!

i had tabs welded on my ALL city fork and love it. The key is alignment....
the flex you'll feel from the fork will be a little different, but i can't imagine something as overbuilt as a Bruiser fork not handling it just fine.
that being said... i advise against doing it yourself... Tubing is ultra thin and super easy to burn through if you're not used to doing it.

lancasterpolo.com
agile for my size.