Jump to Navigation

Login / Register

St Cago bike polo mallets DZR bike shoes for street and bike polo Velolocuma bicycles Riding in Circles

The MKE connectors; what am I doing wrong?

I just bought a pile of mallets from bens cycle; the new big mouth heads look great. The scooping opening is huge. But when I attach the mallet to the head, because the claws on the MKE connectors are so deep, the bolt sucks into the connector and deforms the head. The big mouth and hitting surface end up change shape in a way that I don't really like.

I because the heads are kind of thin, I don't feel comfortable countersinking the bottom hole; and I don't really think it would make a difference anyways. Anyone have a solution?

It would seen the only other option is to make the teeth smaller

E-mail the manufacturer dude

I just countersink small amounts until it doesn't deform the head when you tighten everything down. Haven't had any issues w/the bolt pulling through.

step on the center of the head very lightly after everything is tight. What that does is it moves the top of the head up the shaft making it a perfect circle again. :)

140x65

Thanks Kremin - even just leaving it for a day the top hole press-fit to the right place and it went back to it's original shape. I love the mallets, the wide mouth scoops like raisin bran.

Preying mantis on the court and I can't be beat...

#banraisins

Combination of choice: Smash + Bang