Jump to Navigation

Login / Register

St Cago bike polo mallets DZR bike shoes for street and bike polo Velolocuma bicycles Riding in Circles

Early Warning: 2011 Elections

Elections for regional representatives will be happening soon. As of right now, every club should start the process of choosing a club representative. When the window to announce candidacy for regional reps is opened, anyone - club rep or not - may throw their hat in the ring. Club reps then vote for regional reps.

Important: In addition to voting for regional reps, club reps may be expected to take on more responsibility than in the past. Please choose accordingly.

This is just a heads-up. Time frames on this election will be announced shortly.

Thanks all.

I will throw in for representing Casscadia or for representing the new region known as of Central Canada!

I need a sugar momma so I can work less and play polo more!!

Will regions stay the same for next year?

P/M Hardcourt

I think we should figure out what, if any changes there will be to the regions for the coming year before we have elections for them. Adding more regions to sort of even things out might be a good idea. Something for the CO/UT/NV/AZ kids maybe?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If you aren't sinning, Jesus died for nothing.

I got 99 bitches, one ain't a problem.

I agree. As polo grows the current regions are becoming less realistic for a lot of people. I would be willing to help work on this project if needed.

Shouldn't forget the clubs in ID(Boise, from what I hear they got real numbers and are organizing to host a tourney ) and MT(clubs in Missoula and Bozeman).

P/M Hardcourt

Mr. Anderson for President of Central Canada 2012!

x50 0r would that make it X51

"So this is how it ends"MACHINE

^Yes, this is what I'm voting for.

Joe Fawls 4 president of North America

mike for dick of the week

• Photo0699.jpg

i would like to run for president of the red light districtct of san francisco, which sounds nasty but it's where our courts are.

"So this is how it ends"MACHINE

NAH, could you elaborate on the "more responsibility" that club reps will have?

Vote for me. World Polo Hegemon.

"ok Mr. Schwinn fucking Armstrong!"
www.burrobags.com

Dude! Ive been reading so much of the Ender's Game and Shadow series after you put me onto it. SO FUCKING GOOD!

Heck yah, I'm on the last book right now. I'm glad someone actually values my input on literature. Even if it's sci-fi nerd crap.

www.burrobags.com

The best kind of crap!

Crap????? Ender's Game is sci-fi nerd glory! Genre fiction can still be literature god damnit.

Re-drawing the regional lines is one of the issues that new NAH reps will be looking at, with the overall goal of revising the NAH structure in advance of the 2012 season. This process will hopefully include looking at representation, team qualification, registration issues, etc.

NAH recently created an interim board of directors to allow organizational moves such as establishing legal status and opening a bank account. That said, proper elections are overdue. So, for the purpose of creating a properly elected board, NAH will proceed as we did last year, with the club reps voting for regional representatives. The reps in each region will then vote among themselves to choose one representative per region to serve on the board.

This new board will carry us through the remainder of the 2011 season, with the purpose of discussing with the other reps the revisions and restructuring mentioned above. After the main 2011 season ends another set of elections will occur. These elections will be rooted in the new structure determined by the 2011 reps and for the purpose of organizing the 2012 NAH season.

Lastly, on club reps: very simply, when this thread was posted we had the notion that the new structure would increase club reps responsibility. Since then the discussion has continued, more ideas have been introduced. So in all fairness, it was a bit presumptuous to suggest. We won't know until we have a new board able to discuss and vote on the new structure.

To all taking bike polo seriously, THANK YOU!

P/M Hardcourt

FUCK YOU BEN YOU GOOD FOR NOTHING WASTE OF TIME, STOP MAKING THIS SHIT SO ELITIST AND UNINVITING

seriously...

Thanks x10 for all your hard work.

we should get a thread going where nah proposes ideas and has the rest of us vote or voice our opinions... If the whole decision process is behind closed doors with the opinions on these various threads as the main influence, then that doesn't seem too appropriate or effective, and if there are some open meetings about it at some point, they should be on here too because no one in Oly knows about it, and I can only assume that other cities that don't have regional reps might have the same problem.

All cities are represented by their regional reps. You think that having 500 polo players opining about the minutia of interference rules and napkin sponsorship is going to be effective? Nothing would get done. The reason we have reps is to act in our best interest and speak on behalf of us. Why do you hate America so much?

Okay catfish, I'm going to move my mouth like this...

I agree with martin on this, aside from hating america. I'm not sure where you stand on that (though you do live in OLY). If your club rep isn't keeping track of things independently or communicating with Kiersten, Lisa and Justin and bringing the information to the rest of OLY then do it yourself Mark. I'm not talking shit about Zack, but I know you have the drive and desire to do it.

Polo is a small enough community with people who are easily accessable so the organization that is in place can work, but the effort needs to be made. The organizing body is a group of people who you can send a message to at any time and who the club and regional reps are supposed to be in contact with with you and your clubs/regions concerns. If they are not then vote for someone new. This is all developing as we play.

As a demonstration read through other threads and see how frequently they degenerate into stupidity, we can't organize our game and have that cluttering our interpreatation.

No, I'm not calling anyone stupid, we just talk a lot of shit.

As one of your regional reps, I had no idea that you guys were feeling left out. If you have questions ask us! We are passing on the information as it becomes concrete, but a lot of what goes on on the board is very nebulous. You might not know anything, because we haven't come up with a good answer. Patience is key here. We are trying very hard to structure our decisions as a foundation for the future of polo, not just for a quick fix now.

Yahhh!! Good for nothing bum!

I need a sugar momma so I can work less and play polo more!!

vote for me i wiil give free beer to
all tounerys and all the weed you can smoke ithink there should be free food and MORE FUCKIN FUN

two asshole's don't make it right"
BUTT three asshole's make a good team"

I like your platform, based on that, I'd vote for you so long as you listen to everyone

Stretch wrote:

I'd vote for you so long as you listen to everyone

That's a big "if/so long"...

Okay catfish, I'm going to move my mouth like this...

what happens when the current club rep doesn't vote at all and the only voting member from the club votes for themselves? even though we get a good amount of people out, no one comes on lobp but me..

-my stomach is a pickle-

then you should be the club rep.

i don't know what you mean by 'voting for themselves'...
club reps vote for the regional reps....based on ANYONE in bike polo in ANY club nominating themselves as an option...
what is the Wilmington club rep not voting on/voting only for themselves?

and x2 you should be the club rep there. you come to philly so much and have a greater understanding of how bike polo is being organized/the changes ahead/what might need to happen.

i suppose i was leaning more towards, if there is only one vote made for club rep in a specific club, and that one vote is a self-vote, will that person still become an official club rep and be able to vote for regional reps (and presumably participate a little more in general).

theoretically anyone could just make up a club page on lobp then nominate themselves for club rep. i didn't know if there were any requirements (like members on the lobp club page, number of votes etc) that would prevent a club from having an official rep, because of lack of online presence on this website or otherwise.

in other words, thinking way too much about something that probably won't end up being an issue.

-my stomach is a pickle-

If the only vote is you and you vote for yourself it's legit. People can make the choice to pay attention or not and if they don't then to hell with them. Start using Email lists or group pages to get your city organized if you're concerned with it. Seattle uses Google for it ,and while there is a bunch of nonsense that gets chatted back and forth, it's pretty freaking useful. You make the effort to include everyone and if they don't respond to the email then it's not your fault.

you could hold the vote at your club meeting, where you say there are more people present. Then make the new club rep sign up because as a club rep they need to be informed and in contact.

We play polo in the ATL

VOTE FOR THIS GUY
http://www.google.com/url?url=http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DWsjGc-Q...

South West Florida, everything below that awful panhandle! What's up!! Florida has three regions, north, west and east. What other larger region do we fit in??
Any other balls in the house??

Now in freewheel flavor!!

The east region of florida only has three players...

www.burrobags.com

CHECK THIS OUT THIER IS ALL THE BALLS YOU WANT
http://vimeo.com/21405895