Jump to Navigation

Login / Register

St Cago bike polo mallets DZR bike shoes for street and bike polo Riding in Circles

what is the average age of the polo player and when is it time to retired

i am just wondering what is the average age of polo players this days and how many players are there that are over 40 still playing polo and under 30 playing

I'd say the average age of our club is around 26 or so. Just a guess. We have players ranging in age from 21 to 31. We also have some little guys who are probably only about 10 years old who've been stopping by and want to learn. There's also been a guy in his mid/upper 30's stopping by once in awhile too.

Retiring? That seems very personal. Each player has a different body and a different playing style and frequency. Probably hard to pin down an exact number.

Victoria Bike Polo has the oldest and the best polo player...

Bill

He's awesome. Comes out every game, scores goals, messes you up and prolly smooches your girlfriend while you're playing.

"Bill", huh? Sure, sure...
Sounds like BRUCE is moonlighting.

Legalize Hand Throws - 2014

I remember those handlebars.

Combination of choice: Smash + Bang

No one will ever forget those handlebars.

He has to be over 64 to beat me on the "oldest" point. Or is this thread about GOOD polo players? (I'm lucky if I get a goal every couple of months. :-)

The youngest in our club is 12, but we've got some younger showing an interest.

Victoria's Bill is 67 years young to be exact!

yoko polo wrote:

Victoria's Bill is 67 years young to be exact!

YA LAST TIME I SAW HE HE PUT HIM SELF OUT FOR A WHILE

two asshole's don't make it right"
BUTT three asshole's make a good team"

I had a party at my house and Bill closed er out at 4am dancing in the living room. The man, the LEGEND!! Why isn't he on here is what I want to know.

henry wrote:

I had a party at my house and Bill closed er out at 4am dancing in the living room. The man, the LEGEND!! Why isn't he on here is what I want to know.

hay we all know that bill is you dada i know this as your polo skills are just like his

Sooner the better for you Robbie.

We have a dozen or so members that are 35 or older but I'd say our club is the exception and not the norm. Our oldest player is 50 and our current youngest is a teenager.

You'll notice the saying under my signature "Not yet, Not yet!". Comes from the movie Gladiator, when Maximuss is asked if he will see his wife and son in the after life and he replies "Yes I will but, Not yet, Not yet". I've been trying to retire from bike polo for years, and the game keeps sucking me back in. A good answer Robbie is when your hand skills don't match your brain skills, or the love of the game is lost. Le Jackle once told me he would consider coaching polo when he retired. Stay in the game one way or another. By the way 1950 was a very good year.

Not Yet....Not Yet.

Our youngest is 25, oldest is almost 50. Average is probably close to 30.

We have guys that are up to 35. I just started when I turned 30 almost a year ago, hopefully I have a few years until its time be a dickhead ref.

Funny listening to you guys. I guess we need some tips on how to get fresh blood... Maybe it is not representative since bikepolo it still taking off here in Lisbon but the most experienced players are already in their 40's and the kids are still digging how to get in the game properly.
I got hooked in the sport just two years ago and in spite of being forty as well, I definitely feel I still have room to go. That makes me the oldest kid.

Looking forward for those veteran-only tournaments.

Miguel Reis

-Lisboa Bike Polo-

Talk to Virginia: Aussie / Indy masters!

Joe from Sacramento is still going strong on the court & he's like 107.

shit man, maverick is older than Joe!

BRUCE

Combination of choice: Smash + Bang

We've got players who are 18-50, I'd say the average is around 30, the vast majority are 25-35

THANKS GUYS FOR THAT AND MIKE I WILL RETIRE WHEN YOU WILL NEED YOUR BED PAN CHANGED

This thread is awesome. Keep it weird fellow old dudes.

52 1/2 and I just got to my first proper tourney final... like a vintage wine the best is yet to come!

Neil - Cross Hares, Manchester UK

Amen! Mr K is my team mate and at our last tourney he was killing it. Getting round people half his age, i'm 32 and nowhere near as fit as him.

"... and when is it time to retired" ?

when you shut your whore mouth! That's when.
/old.
//but not as old as Machine.
///lawn: OFF

Coach officially retired and still plays regularly.

I think we need to do a survey of all polo players called "Coach". They could probably have their own tournament.

Cascadia 30.3060
Eastside 29.9158
Midwest 29.0662
Northside: 29.9494
South Central: 28.9537
Southeast: 28.0223
Southwest: 29.6140
Europe: 29.7047
Australasia: 31.1000
East Asia: 35.6667
Latin America: 30.3333

Well jeez thanks for ruining all the mystery and speculation.

THREAD CLOSED.

i started playin when i was 39 - i'm 44 now & will play until they have to pry the mallet from my cold dead hands..!

No fair, machine drives our average way up! Glad to see u showin off yr immense programmer skills zach. No need for cashiers, use u-scan only! Robots for president!

donniepepper wrote:

No fair, machine drives our average way up! Glad to see u showin off yr immense programmer skills zach. No need for cashiers, use u-scan only! Robots for president!

thats should say rawbie for president
FREE FUCKING BEER AT ALL TURNEYS TURKEY