Jump to Navigation

Login / Register

St Cago bike polo mallets DZR bike shoes for street and bike polo Velolocuma bicycles Riding in Circles

Bike Smut censored on LOBP?

where will the line be drawn?

Hi,

I posted this 10 days ago:
http://leagueofbikepolo.com/forum/places-travel/2013/04/11/hop-on-the-po...

Why was this thread moved into off topic? That place sucks! I almost couldn't find the post myself. I asked this same question on that thread and a week later still had no reply so Im asking here because prior restraint sux balls.

Last time I made a post about Bike Smut the admins moved into "places and travel" (http://leagueofbikepolo.com/forum/places-travel/2011/04/30/bike-smut-in-...)

This makes sense to me since that is a lot of what I do AND I try to play polo in all those places. So I put this recent post in that forum. Sure its not exclusively polo related but we have had more than a couple polo submissions and we would love to see more!

Please don't censor Bike Smut. We are busting our asses to make cycling better and we need your help!

BFF also has an occasional polo video. and some polo tourneys get organized around BFFs. and some BFF organizers (and filmmakers) play polo. But a thread just announcing a BFF tour with basically no mention of polo? that would be Off Topic. Your 2011 thread mentioned polo six times.

[Edit: Recommended reading: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxonomy_(general) and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censorship]

What are you doing to make cycling better, RevPhil?

Bike people having Bike babies = more cyclists?

Sven are you trolling? this thread can die out... i almost just copied the whole thing over to the Off topic thread.

i think its a fair question,

I have a lot of strong opinions about bikers and cycling in general (and polo specifically). I have seen how cycling in Portland and Seattle and LA has changed since adopting cycling culture. I think there is tremendous good that comes from this and only a fraction of it is in the bare bones of x bikers rode x distance or played x games. In the creating of culture we are defacto making a marketplace of ideas. This might not seem that important because we all have the ability to share our thoughts online, but to actually have a space where there is nothing expected, no transaction dependent is a increasingly rare thing.

Creating a safe place to define obscenity for a population might not seem that important, but it is really easy to see how a sub-culture could wither and die because it did not have the tools necessary to deal with a problem.

This little snipped about the ideals regarding being sex-positive explain pretty eloquently.

What I Mean When I Say I’m Sex-Positive

I think freedom of sexuality is something that we all need and very few of us have
I think sexual pleasure is a legitimate thing to want and ethically pursue
I do not judge people for the (consensual) sex that they have or want
I will not tolerate slut-shaming
I will not tolerate hatred of people based on gender or orientation (including asexual)
I will not tolerate hatred of sex workers
I believe comprehensive, honest, non-judgmental sex education is necessary for public health and happiness
I think understanding of sexual consent—what it is, why it matters—is sorely lacking in society and crucially important
I reject preconceptions of what kind of sexuality a person should have, whether these preconceptions are based on gender, age, culture, disability, survivor status, or basically anything else
I value people’s individual freedom of choice in determining their sex lives (including the choices not to have sex)

What I Don’t Mean

Everyone should have sex
Everyone should have kinky, non-monogamous, exhibitionistic, pansexual sex
Accepting someone’s sexuality means you have to participate in it, watch them engage in it, or hear about it in detail
Nothing related to sex is ever hurtful for anyone
Feminism should be all about sex
Sex fixes everything

http://bikesmut.tumblr.com/post/48677058885/pervocracys-personal-tumblr-...

I have found that bikers are often wonderfully adaptable, resilient, creative people. Dealing with sex in a more honest fashion will help us be better, more happy humans.

--
Like the Care Bears said, "sharing (bicycles, F/OSS, alcohol and Josh's Mom...) is caring"

all those words and you only mentioned polo once.

ONCE MORE!

UNO DI PIÙ!!!

SUKKKKKKIIIIIAAAAA!!!!!

1 difference, Brent Barber hasn't been playing polo for over a decade.

--
Like the Care Bears said, "sharing (bicycles, F/OSS, alcohol and Josh's Mom...) is caring"

just mention polo two more times and you've reached the >=six threshold, and it can stay!

Kev I think you are right. My post was not polo specific. However I am confident that it is of interest to polo players and the hope is that more polo players will make movies and I will try and coordinate the screenings to coincide with communities that actively desire better sex and better transportation.

I'll try and rework the original post to reflect this and hopefully it will become more obviously relevant.

Not to hate on the overworked/underbeer'd admin but maybe this is more accurate: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prior_restraint

--

well fuck. I dont see a way to edit posts, only comments.

Kev is there something im not seeing? Despite being marginally polo related I did spend a bit of time crafting that and I would rather not post a whole new, thread.

--

Kev please answer my question. Is it actually possible to edit a post? If so explain, thanks.

--

Yo phil i don't read every comment on the forum. if you need my attention, contact me directly.

For a variety of reasons, you can't edit the original post on a forum thread. It's super easy to start a new thread though.

If you want me to do work for you, email me your edits.

Yo kev, I'm gonna send you an email this week, I have about a thousand edits I'd like to make to my posts.
/joking

U wack me , I wack yor hole teem