Jump to Navigation

Login / Register

St Cago bike polo mallets DZR bike shoes for street and bike polo Velolocuma bicycles Riding in Circles

LOBP is 5 years old today

Screenshot of LOBP in September 2009

League of Bike Polo was launched five years ago today. What!? Figured that out after i got nostalgic for CMWC 2008 last week.

During that time there have been 700 tournaments posted, 1000 polo bikes, 500 clubs in 51 countries (!), 34 polls, 3000+ forum threads, 100000+ comments, 5000 users, and 8 awesome sponsors.

Last year we launched a mobile version, moved to a slightly faster server, and some minor design tweaks. Lots of plans in store for year 6 ... i'm looking for a poloworkation/sabbatical this fall post-WHBPC to get some of that done.

-kev

Thanks for doing work so we don't have to (do work [at work {becuase we're surfin' LoBP instead}]).

Legalize Hand Throws - 2014

Happy birthday!

This is monumental, Kev. If every one of those 5000 donated ten bucks, we could finance your sabbatical. I'm in!

Ha! that would finance a lot of polocations. Especially if they happened in Cuba... which sounds like apretty great way to spend a week or six this winter.

But LOBP has sponsors now so i don't need to rely on donations for bandwidth etc.

I was thinking more of your being able to take time of (paid) work to work on LOBP.
It would be great if you could come to Cuba this winter, but you might get frustrated with how slow (and intermittent) the web connections are. Consider yourself hereby officially invited by Havana Bike Polo/Bicipolo La Habana. ☺

Challenge to fellow poloistas: pledge a dollar a year as a birthday present to LOBP! This is the most "bang for the buck" you'll ever get.

Great work!

Winston Salem NC Bike Polo

Thank you Kev!! Your contributions to bike polo are huge!

Thanks so much, Kev! You are a huge asset to the bike polo community!!

Midwest is best!!

w00t!

!!

Kev thanks for being as passionate about our sport as so many of us are.
Newbies , take a look at your community and dive right in.
We're all in this together.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOBP. I love my only social network as.....

http://leagueofbikepolo.com/forum/general/2011/04/02/come-back-to-the-le...

"So this is how it ends"MACHINE

Kevin,

It astounds me your commitment to this site and to continuing to build the bike polo community.

Whenever I've had a question or needed help, your response rate and attention to detail have far surpassed the customer service for any service I actually pay for.

You are a true gem in this community my friend. I hope to actually see you soon!

Cheers,
L.

happy birthday lobp aka bikepolo dot ca, i'll shotgun a beer for ya

• this thing wouldn't be what it has been without ya dood
  • Happy birthday LOBP!

Riki@Tokyo Hardcourt Bike Polo
    tokyobikepolo.blogspot.com / www.flickr.com/rikitko / twitter: RikiTokyo

Fantastic!! Thanks for all the amazing work!

Thanks for all the sweat, blood and tears you put in kev. 1'000 kiss for all this.

This site ruined my life.

good job kev now get a lobp talk show going

two asshole's don't make it right"
    BUTT three asshole's make a good team"

its no small thing, and im not just talking about kev

--
    Like the Care Bears said, "sharing (bicycles, F/OSS, alcohol and Josh's Mom...) is caring"

CMWC 2008 was where i finally got to see polo at it's finest. I knew the whole evbp club, but never played. alleycats and racing were my focus. but a year and half later, I dipped my feet in polo, and never looked back. that was an amazing weekend, a milestone.

for everyone.

2007 - King of The Juice
    2010 - LEFTY MAGIC

Kevin, I remember before we ever met face to face, back in the days of communicating through myspace and taking over doug d's blog, hardcourtbikepolo.com, for a short time, we had a conversation and you had said you wanted to make a site but were not sure if it was cool. or stepping on toes, something to that effect. i think i said just do it and everyone would dig it. it was very little time after, you had it built. i think it was jonny hunter, lucky, blokker and me were the first users. enter bikepolo.ca. thank you for all the work you've put into this game we all love. hardcourt bike polo owes you a dept of gratitude. it's been my great pleasure to watch this grow. happy birthday dear lobp happy birthday to you.

ps. i heard there was a trivia question about who won the 2008 cmwc. it was Doug and the Dalrymples if no one got it. my favorite team name from 2008 is Gordon is the Biggest and the Fastest and the Strongest.