Jump to Navigation

Login / Register

St Cago bike polo mallets DZR bike shoes for street and bike polo Velolocuma bicycles Riding in Circles

Presenting North American Hardcourt, an organizing body

Presenting North American Hardcourt, an organizing body

Well hello.

Since the World's in Philadelphia, a concerned group of our fellow polo players have been discussing and debating how to begin what lately many of us online have been alluding to often: an organizing body, one which will help us collectively accomplish very reasonable tasks and will markedly improve the overall quality of our tournaments. Here we are presenting a plan and a process to achieve this end, wherein our first job will be to choose the host city for our North Americans in 2010. Upon completion of this task, we can begin to lay the foundation for a talented organizing body to nurture and build bike polo in the future.

NAHBPC 2010

The first order of business will be managing the bid process for NAHBPC 2010. as follows:

• November 14th 11:59pm PST: Deadline for NAHBPC bids, which can be submitted at http://bikepolo.ca/node/add/bid
  • November 15th-17th: Q&A about the bids open to all, at http://bikepolo.ca/bids
  • November 18th 12:01am PST: Voting opens
  • November 20th 11:59pm PST: Voting closes

ORGANIZING BODY

The pilot organizing body will first be responsible for evaluating bids from candidate cities, voting on them, and choosing a host for the 2010 NAHBPC. Below, listed by region and city, are 24 members of our community who have considerable experience organizing major bike polo tournaments or otherwise have played a significant role in the development of the game in each region.

Cascadia
Justin Calgary
Meg Portland
Leon Seattle
Pieter Vancouver
Middle East
Meg DC
Doug NYC
Paul NYC
Ian RVA
Midwest
Ben Chicago
Chris CoMo
Jonny Madison
Jake Milwaukee
Northside
Javier Boston
Angelo Ottawa
Brian Ottawa
Kevin Toronto
Southeast
K Really, Atlanta
Jason FTL
Ryan Pensacola
Amandaconda Tampa Bay
Southwest
Joker LA
Ruckus SF
Joel SF
Jeff n-o-d PHX

You may be asking how and why this group of 24 was selected. As mentioned above, experience was a major factor. The experience found in this group will be invaluable in guiding our decisions in the early going. Balance was another. Care was taken to ensure the body has diversity - of experience, of involvement, of personnel, and of regional representation. At this stage, regional representation comprises four representatives from six regions, all of which will be adapted to reflect growth and change. In creating the infrastructure for this body, a more formal voting process will emerge wherein elected regional representatives will be determined from elected city representatives.

Two other possibilities were "one player, one vote" and "one city, one vote", both of which were considered seriously and debated at length. Both of these systems have obvious merit and, as mentioned above, we'll eventually be using the element of city representation. But, by themselves, these possibilities pose a significant challenge related to verifying the eligibility of voters, a task for which we have insufficient time before needing to resolve the bid process for the 2010 NAHBPC. Unfortunately, having an account on bikepolo.ca or posting a club on the clubs page is simply not, at this point, a viable way of establishing eligibility.

Establishing such a viable, democratic organizing body is well within the realm of possibility for 2010. It should be stressed that the list above is simply a provisional organizing body that will be able to confidently direct and guide our efforts until a more formal system is in place. Contacting any one of your regional representatives through bikepolo.ca with any questions you may have is strongly encouraged.

OTHER AGENDA ITEMS

Here are the other tasks that this provisional organizing body will be prioritizing further down the road.

Winter 2010: Work with major tournament organizers (NAHBPC, regional tournaments like West side, ESPI, etc) to establish a unified approach to sponsors. This effort will build off the sponsor materials originally created by the committee that organized the NAHBPC 2008 in Seattle.
Winter 2010: Establish a viable decision-making structure for the organizing body, including voting process, regions, etc..
Spring 2010: Launch a public-facing website about North American Hardcourt.
Spring 2010: Establish bid process for determining NAHBPC 2011, and work with polo communities in Europe, South America, Oceania and Asia to establish a bid process for determining the WHBPC 2011. By the time NABHPC and WHBPC roll around in summer 2010, we will already know who is hosting the 2011 tournaments.

Other potential tasks:

• Develop a "how to organize a tournament" resource.
  • Examine the feasibility of creating a unified rule set for tour circuit tournaments.

ORGANIZING PRINCIPLES

1. Keep the stakes low: For the moment, we feel that we can achieve a lot with little or no budget. This may change later. But for the time being keeping finances out of the early going will greatly benefit our progress. We will simply facilitate ensuring that the sponsor money/prizes gets to the intended tournament organizers. This will better allow tourney organizers to focus on courts, housing, etc.
  2. Regional representation: The benefits of coordination will be felt equally throughout all six regions mentioned above. For example, when it's time to choose the location of the Southeast Side Invite, the task will be left up to regional representatives and city reps within the region.
  3. Cooperation with polo organizers beyond North America. Given the difficulty of developing a global organizing structure, we will need to work closely with polo communities in Europe, South America, Asia, Oceania - wherever else polo springs up - on issues of WHBPC, sponsors, etc. with special emphasis on maintaining consistent communication.

Our goal is to ensure that both tournament organizers and sponsors get what they need to create a consistent tournament standard. We plan to take this one careful step at a time, starting with the 2010 N.A. bid. After accomplishing this, the organizing body will look to designing a more refined, objective process by which to elect the representative body in the future, as well as begin building better relationships with prominent and potential sponsors.

THANKS

A sincere thanks to everyone who helped us in getting this far. This could not have happened without the cooperation and hard work of people in our community who love the game and want to see it flourish. Truth is, our list above could be twice the size. People from all corners of North America took the time to talk and critique, not only with those doing the typing but with each other and their local communities. It is a team game we play and it is reasonable to expect great things from our efforts toward organizing - as a team.

With great anticipation and excitement we present this work for our North American Hardcourt organizing body. Let's see what we can do.

321GO!

Good job guys!!!! NOT.

BOP!

Portland United
www.eighthinch.com

---------------------------
carve. smash. eat shit.

carve. smash. eat shit.

This all sounds excellent!

I especially like that it's qualified as an 'organizing' (not 'governing') body.

i'd like to thank ben and everyone else who worked hard and spent many hours on the phone and the computer to make this happen, polo is better for your efforts.

more polo played in more places by more people more often.

who is going to represent the clubs located in the south central part of the united states? please don't say ryan from pensacola. according to the clubs registered on this site, there is at least polo in austin, tx; oklahoma city, ok; tulsa, ok; baton rouge, la; and new orleans, la. we're all relatively new to the game (i'm mainly speaking for tx and la, i've yet to meet the ok guys), but we're hosting tournaments (austin this past summer, new orleans this month), we take the game seriously, and i'm sure we'd all like to be participants/contributors in the progression of the sport.

(jk, ryan!)

carve. smash. eat shit.

carve. smash. eat shit.

eventually there will be a system in place for electing representatives. this is only an interim body.

Columbia, MO

And you will be, for sure. We have talked with Austin, TX in this process. We'll seeing OK shortly at Midwests. The regions you see represented are what we came up with initially. If they need to shift - or a new region should be created - this is absolutely possible.

And thanks for being constructive. Now we have a reason to go back and examine how we broke up North America. Awesome.

Drizz, it's our fault, we've been remiss in meeting our neighbors. We'll correct that. Give us a couple months and our team will come and see you. I agree South Central is going to grow and it would be nice to have someone looking after our interests.

If you're trying to wholly legitimize this, you guys should add someone to South Central ASAP and not make it a matter of "eventually" or it's "possible." The pros to the scenario of adding someone ASAP, especially because you're a new organization, far outweigh any cons. Especially if you're trying to get people from the South to go through you when they setup tournaments and events. If people feel marginalized what's their motivation to cooperate? You want to foster growth *now* not in two years (or six months, or a year) when the newer clubs will be contenders to any title.

The South has a fairly well establish track record of going against the North when they come in and try to run things their way, with no input... even if it's something as stupid as bike polo.

BIKE POLO CIVIL WAR!

Calling bike polo stupid and mentioning the Civil War in one breath isn't going to help your cause.

Nice map though.

Oh that's right... you're Serious Guy.

- No jokes about the French Prince (or Montana) doing WTC.
- Not jokes about the Civil War.
- No calling bike polo stupid.

See, this is what you don't get, it's not "my" cause. If the South doesn't have representation, then the South doesn't have representation, I'll live, I promise. The "cause" I'm trying to help is North American Hardcourt by making suggestions relaying the sentiment of some of the Southern players since this was announced.

With your snide ass, jumped up smarmy comment and attitude you just epitomized exactly what I was talking about. You illustrated it better than I could have done it myself.

Sorry I just don't get the whole Civil War shit. Maybe if you stopped supporting stupid ass stereotypes about the South I might stop reacting to them.

What stereotypes?

I'm not even from the South, Serious Guy. I was born in Santa Cruz, CA and lived in SF for the last 10 years. So Mr. Sociology, what's up with your theory now?

Most southerners juxtapose war history with serious bike polo discussion in an effort to be humorous. That's a stereotype I wasn't aware of.

Daniel,
I'm pretty sure the issue is being addressed and as stated earlier criticism, comments, and complaints ARE appreciated. Given the proximity of New Orleans to Pensacola your already represented for the moment by the south east, until the continent gets divided into more regional areas.
There will be expansion and there will be more representation added in the future to ensure that all areas of North America are represented in an equal and fair way. As far as fostering growth this is the first step in that process.
If you re-read the original post there is a statement about the how and why this was structured the way it was. It also claims to not be the final solution but simply a starting point.
The reality of this situation is that this organizing body should have been formulated years ago but I guess we were having too much fun playing bike polo at the time. Now we are playing catch-up.
The people involved have sacrificed a lot to help foster the growth of this game and trust that they will continue to do so.
However the jokes you present are really in poor taste so perhaps if you don't want snide remarks don't go there to begin with. Keep it on point if you want to be taken seriously.

Brian,

1) I'm on your side.
2) I don't need to reread the original post, I've read it 10 times. In business statements of "how and why" don't give bad implementation an automatic pass.
3) This isn't some off the cuff response, I've thought about this a lot.
4) Sacrifices aside, instead of appealing to emotions focus on tightening the shit up, which it appears you're trying to do and I truly hope we can all work together to get it sailing smoothly.
5) What jokes are in poor taste? The Civil War isn't the only example of non-Southerners coming into the South and trying to run game on them, thinking they're simple folks who don't matter because they're so unsophisticated and "just don't get it," it just happens to be the most easily recognized example of it.

I hear you and agree with the tighten it up. I also see you volunteering to help get the south central region off the ground.
I'm just off work so I'll jump in again tomorrow.
And for the record I'm southern born and raised. So I know all about being unsophisticated and not getting it.

I think it would be better to be proactive and split the regions before the cities start playing rather than have them start playing and then complain that they lack representation.

Something like this, feel free to break it up further or move the lines around.

slapdick bike polo - washington dc

haha... well done, sir.

carve. smash. eat shit.

carve. smash. eat shit.

I was thinking something more like this, but that works too.

Go play polo.

nice map.

I love you.

So it'll be Minneapolis vs... no one?

flickr: stream | polo --- twitter

blargh | flickr: stream \ polo | twitter

Well, it's obviously not done.....but it looks so GOOD.

The regions are a little weird. I expect more comments.

I should have said with that map that I don't want to imply that these are the regions, or any regions at all, just quick mock up...

Suggestions welcome.

Ben, can we see a mock up of what we discussed? This looks good!

B.O.P. 4-EVA

Okay catfish, I'm going to move my mouth like this...

Workin' on it.

Haha, i KNEW someone would say something. It was thrown together quickly with the cities I saw mentioned, but I thought of Minneapolis right after I saved a jpeg. Yes, Minneapolis; you are an after-thought. Next version, I promise.

missouri is not in the south, thank you.

Care to explain Branson to the rest of us?

touche

Columbia, MO

I don't think any Missourian can explain it unless you actually live there. So, how do you explain the Governator?

Least bad choice.

John Mother Fucking Ashcroft?

Let the eeeeeeeeeeeagle soooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrr
like she's neverrrr soooooooooooarrrreeeeddd befooooooooooorrreee

SUCK TOWN POLO

MO is definitely a border state with influences from every region on its borders. However...KC, Columbia, and STL (the places that matter) are definitely more Midwestern than Southern.
OGT-COMOPOLO

Bike Polo Ronin

Timmm wrote:

KC, Columbia, and STL (the places that matter)

it's having a bike polo club that qualifies a city as a place that matters, right?

Columbia, MO

I don't see the midwest fighting for you. On the other hand, you'll be somebody in the south. Come with us Missouri.

hellochris wrote:
Timmm wrote:

KC, Columbia, and STL (the places that matter)

it's having a bike polo club that qualifies a city as a place that matters, right?

Mainly, yes. Also, I own too much wool and drink too much Old Milwaukee to be a Southerner.
OGT-COMOPOLO

Bike Polo Ronin

Ya, it's the confluence. MO contains a mix of northern and southern that is unique. I miss me some Tower Grove Park and Lone Elk trail. Uncle Tuppelo. The Moonlight Ramble.

i've always explained branson as a Christian version of Las Vegas. Moreover, yakov smirnoff.

Cascadia in only oregon, washington, and bc canada the cascade range is the outlining area of our fine region. like the other regions.
www.polohaus.blogspot.com
AXLES OF EVIL

Actually, the most liberal definition of Cascadia (as used by Northwest Environmental Watch and their Cascadia Scorecard) extends south to Mendocino County, north to Prince William Sound AK, east to the continental divide and the Snake River watershed.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f6/Cascadia_extreme.jpg

I like this definition because it means I've lived in Cascadia my whole life. Plus we claim Humboldt and Mendocino and southern OR to add to our dope empire, meaning we lay claim to the finest natural resources on Turtle Island. Dope and salmon and oysters, what!

Daniel I think you make a good case for inclusion. Can you name some possible representatives? I see Austin and Denver in that region and I'm pretty sure there are people from those cities active on bikepolo.ca. What others? I may have a contact in Salt Lake City -- someone who's come through SF a couple times this year.

And I sure would vote for that region to be called 'Southwest'. Calling SF 'Southwest' is about like calling Texas 'Midwestern'.

BTW, your map needs some work. Can you point to NYC? When did Chillicothe, MO become a polo town?

Well, what would you call San Francisco then?

Can somebody make a map that breaks up all of the regions. I suck at geography.

Home.

California could become it's own region. Our recent tourney drew people playing active weekly games in SF, Oakland, Sacramento, Santa Cruz, LA and Long Beach. There are bound to be other active cities. Next year we will have more tourneys in more cities (I hope).

polojoel wrote:

Home.

California could become it's own region. Our recent tourney drew people playing active weekly games in SF, Oakland, Sacramento, Santa Cruz, LA and Long Beach. There are bound to be other active cities. Next year we will have more tourneys in more cities (I hope).

x2
There are new groups sprouting in SoCal. (Claremont,Corona,Irvine,Rialto)
There will be more tournys next year for sho!

California should definitely not be its own region. With that logic, Florida should be there own region because they draw teams from a lot of cities across the state. Instead, make the region bigger and don't let SF have two people with a vote.

gots to loudly x2 this

also as my large post above the two "real" florida spots one will eventually be given up to a west "south east" spot over in the texas/ok

California does not need to be it's own region. Neither does Florida. Remember that this is only the initial stages of the set-up. I am sure that there will be a more comprehensive regional break down as things progress. The only reason, as stated by Ben at the top of the page, is that we have two experience tournament organizers.

Everyone has too relax and let things take their course. I say again, please remember, this is just the initial phases of the organization process.

Ben

BRINGING THE RUCKUS

BRINGING THE RUCKUS

BTW, I call red herring on the map comment, Joel. The dots are also not to scale and I didn't black out Lake Okeechobee in Florida, and missed including RVA, but does that matter to my point?

Where's North American Hardcourt's map? They're the governing body, not me.

daniel, things are in the works. we've been contacted and are working something out behind the scenes as we speak. i haven't seen you in a minute, so i haven't had the chance to let you know. it's probably not going to be ironed out until after the new orleans tournament, since austin is travelling and we're busy trying to get the details ironed out for the tournament weekend. next time i see you i'll catch you up.

heh... bike polo civil war.

carve. smash. eat shit.

carve. smash. eat shit.

ive already been working on this and talked with amanda tonight about moving things around in the south"east" region.

also getting in touch with city reps from texas, ok and arkansas and i suggest the other "regions" get in touch with the cities that dont have members in the organizing body and start up a private club page with the members and city reps to talk amongst themselves on what all the cities want to be addressed and voted on.

amandas seat will eventually be a west member representing texas, ok, arkansas.

so it will be a 4 regions in the south"east" region aka dirty south

West member (texas, ok, arkansas)
Gulf coast member (louisana, mississipi, bama and the panhandle)
Florida member (ftl area, tampa area, jax, orlando, gville, savanaha)
"North" member (atl, athens, charleston, sc, nc, tennessee)

right now i will talk and be the member for the gulfcoast and west and amanda will deal with the bay area gvill jax and savanaha and jason will rep south florida and K will do his north section.

if this sounds alright to everyone.

just because there are no members in the central area does not mean they will not be represented they need to talk with the members in their area and the members need to talk with them.

i also suggest next time the members get mixed around in the southwest that one of the sf members will be relinquished to a member somewhere in the denver nevada area and that will clear up all that.

i dont think there needs to be any more "regions" the members just need to be split up through out it. and the only reason they were not this time around or soon is cause the members were people that have put together larger tournaments and or been around helping with others around the country. and they will (hopefully) all do a good job of representing and talking with city reps from around their areas.

okay this is to long winded hope it makes sense.

a. everyone will have equal representation thru members out there right now.
b. some member spots will be moved around when need be and we dont need any more regions.

pcola sauls wrote:

just because there are no members in the central area does not mean they will not be represented...

I'm not a smart man, but just run that by me again because what I got from that was... "just because you have no representation doesn't mean you have no representation."

haha ryan sauls is your rep!! bike polo spring break woo!

I can't wait until Viceroy Sauls tries to tax our salt.

Kinda reminds me of:

Well done everyone.

Just one thing though:
What would happen should there be a tie in votes on bids for a major tournament. With an even number of voters, it is inevitable that we will encounter a situation where half the representatives will vote one way, the other half another. With 24 reps, it's also likely that there could be a 3 way tie in votes. Is there a process for a tie-breaking vote in such a case?

coffee, whiskey, beer. repeat.

montana picks then

I am running for the that position. The 25 rep.
1.Swear to never be swayed by inside deal making between reps
2.Will approach all topics with open mindedness, since all the regions will be in my scope i will travel far and wide to listen to my constituents
3.Take this very seriously

BOP!

Portland United
www.eighthinch.com

Thank you! All your work is greatly appreciated. This will help me a great deal in getting Washington State University to put their name on future hardcourt teams. I'm meeting with them Monday about future events at PM 4Courts, and we look forward to hosting at least regional tournaments in the near future.

A revolution is an idea which has found its bicycles.

Reese

P/M Hardcourt

Guys, I really do applaud the work you all put into this. It seems like a step towards what the majority of us want to see. I do find it a little strange, and if I didnt know and trust most of you, I could easily find it more than a little scary that all this was organized behind the scenes. Why no transparency in the initial planning stages? Shouldn't the clubs have had at least a little say in who represents them, even if only for the interim?

...don't mean to whine but this is my initial, knee-jerk reaction...I may not question it at all tomorrow.

Not having been involved at all in the above planning stuff I feel qualified to comment. Not to you specifically but to everybody that might have the same initial thought.

Those folks are a selection of "members of our community who have considerable experience organizing major bike polo tournaments or otherwise have played a significant role in the development of the game in each region". In order for an organizing body to reflect the feel of our current community I think these people are the logical ones to help form such a body, since they helped form the community itself.

I trust that they really do see this as an temporary step in the evolution. And I trust that there is significant opportunity for other people to step up and take on tasks by doing something useful. Similarly, if you're at a tournament and there isn't any food -- feel free to wrangle up a grill and start providing some.

I've been amazed to see how much can happen by people just stepping up and taking on tasks. And I fully commend the folks that have done so.

Here they are doing so again. Bravo to them.

And if the rest of us think something else/more/different needs to be done? Well then it is our responsibility to both say so, but also to do so.

i hear you on this dave, know that this was by far the most difficult part of the process and warranted a lot of debate.

in the beginning stages of this organising body we were most concerned with striking a balance between the possible bickering about the make-up and purpose of the group in an open forum on this website (pretty much guaranteed), and how to make a legitimate and accepted body if the planning stages took place off of the site.

we opted for the latter because we felt there were time factors forcing our hands and feared that an open process on this website would get bogged down and be fraught with negativity as others have. over 40 players that had experience in areas like running tournaments, starting polo scenes, travelling, playing, sponsorship, organising, business, and board process were consulted on how to move forward. it wasn't everyone in bike polo, but we got to as many stakeholders as we could and this is what we came up with.

it isn't perfect, it isn't the ultimate solution, and it won't please each and every player or region-- but it's a step in the right direction and will make polo better next year.

this group will lay the groundwork for whatever form of representation that follows it. these stake-holders will form positive and fruitful relationships with sponsors now rather than waiting for another year of ad hoc partnerships. these people will look for the best ideas they can find and put them into practice. these volunteers will explore how regions and cities can interact with each other to make tournaments even better in the future.

this group will report on progress often and keep this side of the process as open and transparent as possible. minutes will be published and questions taken and answered.

but mostly dave, thanks for putting the questions out there and showing your support for what is really an experiment in polo organisation. we are going to do our best and need the backing of players like you to make the work successful.

more polo played more often in more places by more people

Jackel this thread obviously will help with the movement of our sport. Everything sounds great. When and where will the next meeting be? I definately want to be involved.

Make sure you're talking to Joker, Ruckus or Joel (SF), or Jeff (PHX). These are the reps in your region.

I look forward to your first update to East Van Pieter. When are you calling a meeting?

Into it.

I'm putting my foot down and saying that Pittsburgh is "Middle East" mainly because we're absolutely not Midwest, but also with consideration that the "Middle East" just sounds better.

for the record i think 'middle east' is a bad choice of region name ('mideast' would be better). it's funny, but a role of any organizing body is to put a legit veneer onto things. thus it needs to be all PC and crap.

How about simply "Eastside", after the invite of the same name?

no, no, middle east for sure. think of all the hilarious/inappropriate jokes we could make.

THAT'S MY WIFE !!!

fuck ur face

Fwoo, I thought it was my mom for a second!
_______
Marco!
I am the Duck.

Congrats to the future baby steps that it took to get here. Man I have been waiting for the day. Nice work to Ben and others that really want to make this work. Get your bids out fools!!
Messmann
bikepologuru
seattlebikepolo
since 1998
polo for life!!!

Matt Messenger
"Messmann"
bikepologuru.com
seattlebikepolo
since 1998

Seems like a solid plan.

Are the people who administer going to be competing in the tournaments they vote for/against etc or has that list voluntarily recused themselves from serious/qualifying competition?

Can this be stickied to the top. Everyone should see it ASAP.

This is wonderful! Way to go everyone.

I am interested in seeing how this plays out.
_______
Marco!
I am the Duck.

i like it.

Fantastic work all of you. I have a pretty good idea of how hard it was for you guys to reach this point.

I think it's fantastic that you had the balls to step up and say "we know we can do this and we're going to give it a go".
I look forward to seeing how you move forward with say term limits, voting for the organizing body in the future, expanding it as the sport grows, and the next steps towards increased transparency. That said I'm far more excited about you guys stepping up and diving in! I can't wait to see how your bidding process goes, the tech side of it is really well designed. I can't wait to see how NA polo is improved by having this body in place. I think it was absolutely necessary for you to just get on with it, fuck talking it through with everybody, fuck imperfect democracy. Get shit done.

I'm behind you over here and members of the London Assoc and EuroHBPC are excited to see what you do next!!

Well done Ben & Co., best of luck!

Mike,
London, UK.

Mike,
London, UK.

Great job to everyone who was part of organizing this! It looks awesome! Just one thing I might tweak though in regards to Ohio's post. Wouldn't it just be easier to add one more person to the organizing body in case of a tie rather than trying to figure out what to do if a situation ever arises. I know adding another person might throw off the balance, but it might be beneficial as well. What does everyone think?

Midwest is best!!

1. Just because there is an even number of representatives, doesn't mean there's a high chance of a tie. What if there are five cites placing bids? The chance of a tie is a risk no matter how many representatives there are.
2. Maybe the issue with the number of representatives could be solved by adding one or two for the missing Southern region? The lower number of representatives for that region could be justified temporarily by the lower level of participation until now. Then you just have to add a couple more representatives to fill out the region once they're more established in the larger community.

polopolopolopolopolopolopolopolopolopolopolopolopolopolopolopolo

Also, why is it that only NYC and Ottawa each have two reps?

because you didn't read carefully enough.

Ruckus SF
Joel SF

touche'

I just want to say that I applaud this effort, and have full confidence in this body to guide Bike Polo through the next year and into whatever shape it becomes. Great work.

Also, I really like the Rancor image.

Does not apply at Los Marcos Melee

It's funny, this is almost exactly the sort of effort I wanted to suggest while lurking on those *drama* threads.
This looks lovely, good job and thanks so much for the effort involved in putting this together. Way to Make It Happen!

(post with critiques to follow)

I think it's been pretty clearly stated that this is just the start and that things will evolve as the process goes along, right now the old guard if you will is trying out a prototype to get the ever important ball rolling after a long pause from a major tourney that affected the polo community at large badly. Dave if you want to get involved with the process or feel like you are an adequately community supported person able to be a representative for your club/area you should by all means step up with the current organizing body and get involved. Yet if you are just nay saying because you like to nay say take it to another thread, maybe one thats less constructive like the B.O.P. thread or something.

I support this movement, get shit done train in full effect!
Skid & Destroy
Axles of Evil

Yo Dawg I heard you like redundancies so we got a PIN number for your PIN

I'm sure Dave can stick up for himself but I'm going to chime in here because I've got questions myself...

It doesn't seem like Dave is threadshitting at all. His questions seemed genuine and respectful, as was mine and Paul's (drizz). Paul's was answered respectfully; as it should have been. These are questions people out in the poloverse (who aren't on .ca) are going to ask when they hear about this. The folks organizing this should get *really* used to answering questions for a while to come. Also recognize that the questions might not always be as civil as we're being. It's a fact of life, when you put a proposal out there, people are going to ask questions... I thought this is what this thread was for.

I (as well as many other people who have questions) fully support what they're trying to do, but that doesn't mean we can't constructively critique and offer suggestions for what's going on.

Likewise, if you want to fanboi mindlessly, maybe *you* should go to the B.O.P thread... or something.

Yeah, this is just being realistic. Timtim's correct that intentions of ever-increasing transparency and utter flexibility have been clearly stated. But constructive, respectful inquiries of ANY type should be seen as a positive and necessary to proving this to be a successful effort. It's how we've gotten this far.

dont fuck with the B.O.P! TIMM timm

BOP!

Portland United
www.eighthinch.com

and don't fuck with the B.O.P.

timtim, I'm not nay-saying a thing. For the record, as I said in my first post, I know and trust almost every single person that has been chosen to represent each club/city/region...many of them I have known for at least 3 or 4 years and have been playing polo with them at least that long. If I didn't, I would be vocal about that as well. Since this body of representatives has decided to put itself out there to the commmunity here on .ca, I think that they are probably ready to answer a few questions. All I did was ask a few and while doing so, I guess it got under your skin a little...for that I am sorry.

I am sure that if everyone who played polo had a chance to "elect" a representative(s) from their respective club/city/region, then the list would probably look almost identical to the one that is in place right now. This group of men and women is more than qualified for this undertaking, and they have my support. That doesn't mean that I, or others, will never ask another question of them or those who follow.

Finally, I would be happy to "step up with the current organizing body and get involved", in any capacity where I genuinely thought that I could be of assistance.

i love it love it love it! baltimore polo can help too!

congrats you guys!
this is looking amazing and will definitely only help the sport to grow in a more organized and publicly respected light.
good work to all those involved. thank you for putting so much love and passion into this.

looking forward to the progress on the NAs with this process and seeing how it all plays out.
xx

I call President.
Vice President.
Mhmmm.
Smithers take this plane down.
You're flying the plane sir.
Excellent.

Good job everybody.
Keep up the good work.

Bay Area NAHBPC 2011!

impressive

"ok Mr. Schwinn fucking Armstrong!"
www.burrobags.com

great work, one and all...

this is a good thing
---
victoria bike polo

I've decided all i'm gonna do from now on is post images that are at least, amusing to me.

you mean like this?

View from my bed this morning.

Good GOD Cecily! How come I have never seen this picture before?

HAHAHAHAHAH.
yeah. this post was WAY TOO SERIOUS.
=]

This sounds great. I fully support Joker repping LA - he's a true polo ambassador. I look forward to seeing the efforts of the organizing body yield many good things for polo in North America.

Ride, bake, polo, repeat.

Ride, bake, polo, repeat.

I second this.

great job. respect from tokyo.

Riki@Tokyo Hardcourt Bike Polo

Riki@Tokyo Hardcourt Bike Polo
tokyobikepolo.blogspot.com / www.flickr.com/rikitko / twitter: RikiTokyo

i really think that this process will be one that lets the sport move forward with more accountability and greater input from the community. Good job guys,

j

Stoked about the whole thing. as my mom put it best, "your just 1 spoke in the whole wheel"

Bicycle/cykel/自行車/das Fahrrad/polkupyörä/bicicletta/bicicleta/reiðhjól/fiets/يَرْكَبُ درّاجة هوائ

that was cute

"ok Mr. Schwinn fucking Armstrong!"
www.burrobags.com

Update on the NA bid process

Turns out the first vote for the organizing body wasn't to decide the host city but to extend the deadline for submission. Here are the details:

* Bids are now due Saturday 21st 11:59pm CET
* Q & A about the NAHBPC bids on Nov 22nd, 23rd, 24th.
* Voting Nov 25th-27th.

As one of the 40 people in on this discussion, I am happy to see this is coming along. I am interested in learning a little more about next steps and how people can still contribute.

I know what its like to get a room full of people to agree on something, and this is all being done remotely, so I applaud everyone's efforts. I want to thank everyone on the site for their support and feedback.

I have one suggestion, that upon glancing, I don't see has been raised: I think this organizing body needs a chairperson. Someone ultimately responsible for calling meetings, setting the agenda (in consultation with reps), reporting mintues back to the group (bikepolo.ca membership) as needed, etc. Perhaps even a tie-breaking vote if need be.

I just hope that's one of the items on the agenda.

L'il Miss Used

polo czar

carve. smash. eat shit.

carve. smash. eat shit.

The body is in the midst of nominating & selecting a chair. Looks to be a quick decision. Stay tuned.

We will soon have someone to put in the dunking booth.

Can someone tell me what's going on with the south? I've spoken with several people down here and nothing I hear is the same. Is the entire "pilot organizing body" in the loop about issues of the southern states' representation, or is it a select few rogue representatives working behind the scenes?

More specifically, why does Florida have three representatives? How does this constitute as "regional diversity." I nominate Rob from Austin to take one of those seats and spread the South's reps more evenly. (Sorry Rob)

That's one issue, and I'm sure there are more, but who do I talk to? Is it Ryan, my nearest regional rep, or is the organizing body still not solidified.

Also, please don't email me about this. I would prefer these matters be transparent.

Edit: Just to be clear, I have read Ryan's post regarding the South. What I want to know is has the organizing body finished its initialization? Are our (New Orleans) concerns now a matter for our four regional reps, the organizing body, or those who initiated this endeavor.

I've said it in private (maybe a mistake) but if Rob is willing I also nominate him to represent New Orleans / Louisiana (not to speak directly for Baton Rouge); even if we still stay part of the South East. Maybe we don't need a whole new region, we do need to diversify, though.

Three Florida reps is redundant, shift one to Texas and we'll deal with him/her.

They were chosen because:

"... 24 members of our community who have considerable experience organizing major bike polo tournaments or otherwise have played a significant role in the development of the game in each region."

2x Tulsa also has no problem having representation in Austin —as long as you invite us down for a meeting.

Will,
If you want to chat about what's going on in the South, give me a call. I was asked to be one of the South's reps. It won't be as transparent, but we might be able to figure out what's going on easier and faster over the phone and that information can be relayed to this forum afterward. Hope to hear from you.

I think we're going to hash a lot of it out this weekend in New Orleans, when some south central clubs will be here so what you're going to relay might be a bit dated. I've already spoken to Baton Rouge, Tulsa, Us (New Orleans), and have floated some ideas to Little Rock. We'll be speaking to Austin tomorrow or Saturday when they arrive.

Basically--to start--we're going to ask one of you three in Florida to give up a rep so someone in one of those five clubs I mentioned can take it over immediately.

So it might be a good idea to have that discussion between you guys. Ryan's the closest to the West so it might make the most sense for him to step back. Whatever you guys decide, though.

If that doesn't work we'll probably just secede (sorry, Sven) you thought I was kidding about the Bike Polo Civil War?! Hardly! Will's been working out, just to make sure he's ready for the battle.

talk about nuclear option. i hope your joking, because honestly this will work out, you will get your representation, as stated in the original post this is preliminary and there is every intent to make sure everyone has the representation that they want. talking about secession (assuming that you are not joking) at this point seems like a little preemptive. This is brand new and designed to become more legitimate as calm and reasonable discourse is used to create a real organizing body. In the end if you do succeed or boycott or abstain its not going to really matter anyways, this body isnt going to change the way we play the sport, only create more better opportunities for people to play in tournaments, which southern players are going to play at anyways, you just wont have a voice where how and when they are.

Does "The Bike Polo Civil War" sound serious? Never mind, nobody's going to seceded... but we will succeed.

We don't have a voice right now anyway about the where, how and when... right? So what's the difference, really?

See the problem now?

I'm glad you think what we do doesn't matter.

Edit: I'll add, it's really easy for you to say because you're apparently satisfied with how your region was formed, you probably even had some input in it. Whereas our area and representative was just assigned to us with no consideration or polling taking place about any of this, even though we have a number of active clubs, in the areas I mentioned that are very active in the South.

I'll say the same thing I told BenCH in private. Does it raise any red flags to anyone that an entire region is being vocal (even though it seems like it's just me) about this (maybe not on .ca, but via telephone and in person games) and yet many people are just saying "don't worry about it, when it happens, it happens."

Everyone's already acknowledge that we have a legitimate concern so why not just allay our concern now. It's easier to fix a flawed system and build in scalability *in the beginning* than go back and play patch-and-mend a year down the line. That statement has been proven a zillion times over, from democracy building, to systems development, to construction, to software engineering... how come a lot of people here just don't get it?

I'm pretty sure everybody here gets it. Scalability and adaptability are inherent in the body that is being put together here. That's made abundantly obvious in the initial post. And the South has done a great thing in expressing the first major grievance towards how this body has been organized. Is this grievance going to be resolved IMMEDIATELY? No. Is it going to really fuck things up if it isn't resolved immediately? Not at all. Why isn't it going to be resolved immediately? Because for fucks sake, most of these people have jobs and lives. Furthermore, it's pretty impressive that this is rationally happening at all, and I know for a fact that it wasn't an easy process (one which I was not at all involved in, mind you). So, these things take time and consideration. Good job bringing up a problem. I expect it will be addressed in due time. That due time may be next November. It may be 6 months from now. It's not up to me to determine when the redistricting happens. But I have no doubt that it will happen, and the more that we, as a community, interact at eachothers events and on the internets, the better we'll get to know who from where is capable of what.

The thing is, Ken, that it can be resolved immediately and it will be. We've almost resolved it based on what I said above. It doesn't have to go six months, or until next November, it can be solved as early as tomorrow night and it probably will be.

I've taken the steps to contact the clubs I mentioned to hear from them. They've expressed what I'm expressing here. Lest anyone think I'm just bellyaching and doing nothing about it, we've taken proactive steps to get this solved and I think we can come to a resolution that everyone can live with, unfortunately (or not) it's going to take some give from some of the other people involved, which we don't feel is a whole lot to ask.

Here's to smooth sailing.

yes, i agree, the south should get the representation right away, and it seems like your making the right steps to see that happen. but i hate this whole fix it now or were going home and were taking our ball thing. That was my problem with montana and his fed, if you didnt agree with him then you were wrong and you best get out of the way or get run over.

no i didnt have a voice in who our reps were. i dont care who they are as long as individuals in clubs in each region get heard.

whatever, i really hope you guys get what you want, just dont be a jerk about it. your profile picture looks like a jackass

Fair enough.

The secession thing has become a joke down here, as well as the bike polo civil war. Unfortunately it had such a nice ring to it that people are using it as a joke away from the keyboard so I think we're stuck with that phrase for now.

I don't think I'm being a jerk about it... it's not like I'm telling people I'm going to punch them in the face or making fun of their girlfriend's legs... right?

But seriously, I have no doubt it'll get worked out in the next week in an amicable way and everyone will be satisfied with the outcome.

IF NOT: BIKE POL... ok... too soon.

Daniel i know we will talk this weekend but i dont understand how you in new orleans dont think that me or any other person from pensacola or even mobile couldnt represent yall well or that someone from new orleans couldnt represent the panhandle, mississippi and bama. we talk on daily/weekly basis and play monthly or every other month some times bi monthly. way more than you are in contact with texas, colorado, oklahoma.

I understand your concerns and am fine with yall going to the south central or a texas representative for now. but it also will mean some longer travels for regional tournaments when they become regional tournaments for qualification for bigger tournaments like the SESPI and others.

what seems like will happen for now is that the south east region will have a 5th member in texas to give more representation to our larger area of a region.

p.s. if some of this is a lil weird its cause im closing at work but felt like i needed to post this before coming to nola cause in 6 hrs im up and playin polo at the beach and then coming to nola to help make these dang courts and leave ab in a gutter. also even though i dont drink i probably should never post after midnight it usually doesnt make sense just like this p.s.

cant wait for our talks in nola. cant wait to play some polo and make fun of A.B.!

pcola sauls wrote:

...what seems like will happen for now is that the south east region will have a 5th member in texas to give more representation to our larger area of a region.

Perfect. That's exactly what I said everyone would be happy with a week ago.

We'll get it figured out tomorrow or Saturday and post back here with a happy story of compromise that will make everyone teary.

are you serious? you get exactly what you want, and that makes everyone happy? fuckin whinners. the south is brand new to this game flordia has been the most active, most well traveled, prevalent polo squad in that region. maybe thats why it seemed natural to have them help start this process.

look i havnt been involved in the process or creation of this body at all, but it seems like you got your feelings hurt over a little map, and then threw a fit about till you annoyed people enough so that they made a solution to shut you up. i just hope you didnt actually cause stress to ben schicago, cause hes good shit, and maybe this body will help the sport. im sure as hell sure that what you fought for didnt do anything to strengthen the body, or the sport, just made a bunch of kids feel included.

large area my ass.

the midwest has the most fresh water of any other polo region in the world. you can have your fifth, ill just drink water.

I think he is serious Ben. And next time you tap-out on camera make sure it really is water, so you don't fall all the time. Oh yeah, isn't you brother Jonny one of those reps? oh gad shit storms a-brewin.
Also, Ben is a really nice guy, a great guy, an A player. A real class act, which you are not. Stick to killing pigs in your underground parking garage with the back of the old style lincoln trunk wide open.

BOP!

Portland United
www.eighthinch.com

who are you even? i cant tell anymore. is this jas? are you still made about those things i said about your team in ottawa? you guys really did kinda suck. glad to hear you liked the video. i can send you a signed copy if you like

I do respect the time, effort, and good will that has gone into creating this organization. That we have an organizing body is a glorious thing that is really cause for celebration in the polo community.

A fifth rep? That's not perfect at all. A 2am solution is weak. Adding a fifth member to the south east does nothing to bring balance. Issues like this need a studied solution. Consider the frontier states as a new region: Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana, and Oklahoma. We already have one rep in Missouri we only need three more. Take some time and think about it.

Or just keep running things. It has all been fine for us so far without having input. I'm sure it will continue to be fine. Our club is only a year old so we're just starting to consider what's going on with the whole polo community. Regardless, please accept my proposal of a frontier region as a constructive alternative to the huge south east region.

We're keeping Missouri.

I know you say you want her, but we need her experience. We know Missouri wants to be midwest too. It's a sacrifice to be part of our dust bowl and wild west show. We'll grow and as I said before Missouri can really be important as part of the Frontier Region. Thanks for your consideration.

i don't know about kc or stl, but como will probably be traveling to alot of southern tournaments, regardless of what region we fall under.

Columbia, MO

Jesus, what it "seems" like and what really happened are two different things.

Ben (not you) and I and other people in New Orleans have had very long and productive conversations about this and other things related to this with Ben (again, not you). If you don't like reading what I write, don't. It's really simple. I think Ben (not you) is a great and really sharp person and I enjoy talking to him and I'm happy that I've gotten to do so, even under these circumstances. Nobody has any beef with Ben (not you, yet).

Isn't part of helping and strengthening the sport making people feel included so that it grows? You could answer... or you could make fun of my bike again. Maybe you can tell me you're going to punch me in the jaw... or maybe you can talk some shit about my girlfriend... I don't know... I can share some other stuff about my life so you can try and make me feel bad about that too? Just let me know, big mouth.

ok, lets clear this up, it was my jaw that someone threatened to punch.

also im sorry you didnt get the irony between me and that hot head guy with the girlfriend who has nasty legs. reread all the posts between him and i over the last few months and maybe it will make sense, or maybe not. You used a similar sense of irony in your above post with all of the bens. but just to clarify i dont actually think his girlfriends legs are ugly, i was addressing a deeper issue. go ahead look for it.

as far as your bike goes, it seems like a nice bike, and if you really want to stay with fixed, fine, your probably not a good enough rider to do it ( eg zackstar for instance is, but hes a dick so...) ... but what i was saying is this: change your ratio, go ahead, try it, then tell me i am wrong ( ps change it so its a lower ratio not higher)

no strengthening the sport doesnt have anything to do with being inclusive, that just a nice thing to do. well to be particular i guess it depends on what definition of the word strength were talking about.

im not trying to make you feel bad about intimate details that you share on the internet, i trying to make you laugh, or myself, or maybe some one else.

thanks for taking the time to return the favor and let me know what it seems like im doing. and in the mean time why dont you go fuck yourself.

that may not be the right note to leave it on, but i like the irony of it.

haha!

carve. smash. eat shit.

carve. smash. eat shit.

Can't change the ratio, cranks are stuck on the bike, 42 is the smallest ring I can get in a 144, or that I've ever found, but I haven't looked really hard... so maybe there is something smaller. I have a 24 tooth freewheel sitting on my desk but I'm waiting until I have time to build the 36h hub / rim I have for the rear. It serves its purpose for now. Thanks again for the advice, pops.

I wonder why anyone would ever want to punch you in the jaw!

ben wrote:

the south is brand new to this game flordia has been the most active, most well traveled, prevalent polo squad in that region.

ben schicago wrote:

Care was taken to ensure the body has diversity - of experience, of involvement, of personnel, and of regional representation.

ben wrote:

im sure as hell sure that what you fought for didnt do anything to strengthen the body, or the sport, just made a bunch of kids feel included.

ben schicago wrote:

Contacting any one of your regional representatives through bikepolo.ca with any questions you may have is strongly encouraged.

ben schicago wrote:

And thanks for being constructive. Now we have a reason to go back and examine how we broke up North America. Awesome.

ben, all we've done is asked questions and made constructive comments about what ben s. has proposed. if any of what we said has come off as whining, that was not our intention. if we're included, great. if not, it's not going to affect us in the least. we're still going to play polo here and on the road.

ben wrote:

i havnt been involved in the process or creation of this body at all

exactly.

carve. smash. eat shit.

carve. smash. eat shit.

oh and another thing, loose the fixed gear, or at least gear down. 42/22 ? really?

i wasnt making fun of her legs, i was just expressing my opinion man. and i didnt say you were being a jerk, i said dont be a jerk

yada yada yada.

also i wouldnt want pcola paul as my rep either, hes the drunkest sober person i know

So, I haven't been keeping up with this since it was posted, because I've been on our bike polo tour. But reading about it now and talking about it with Ryan from pcola, and the Nola guys, I am super excited about the progression. I would also love to HELP represent the south(east)(central-when the time comes) This will be the momentum we need to strengthen our regional communication/interaction.

pcola sauls wrote:

Daniel i know we will talk this weekend but i dont understand how you in new orleans dont think that me or any other person from pensacola or even mobile couldnt represent yall well or that someone from new orleans couldnt represent the panhandle, mississippi and bama. we talk on daily/weekly basis and play monthly or every other month some times bi monthly. way more than you are in contact with texas, colorado, oklahoma.

I understand your concerns and am fine with yall going to the south central or a texas representative for now. but it also will mean some longer travels for regional tournaments when they become regional tournaments for qualification for bigger tournaments like the SESPI and others.

Ryan, don't worry about this, it's too soon!

also, great work to those initially involved in all this.

I call this one "Herding Cats".

Totally. This is me, at the encouragement of others and against my better judgment, asking folks to think about who they'd want as a rep for their city. This moment lasted about 4 seconds.

25th member please, we can call them/me "rep at-large"

BOP!

Portland United
www.eighthinch.com

you hardly deserve a place in polo let alone on a organizing body. paaleeasse

eat B.O.P. guano my friend, I am making a point. By the way, your wife has great legs...

BOP!

Portland United
www.eighthinch.com

SHARKS and MERMAIDS abandon ship! who died and made these behind the scenes people fucking GOD

BOP!

Portland United
www.eighthinch.com

haha... if it were up to you it would just be zip ties at the beach, right?

carve. smash. eat shit.

carve. smash. eat shit.

This is going to turn into an all out war, and you know it drizza my nizza. What I am doing is stirring up shit!
1st. There was no complete vote for all those concerned/everyone in these so called regions who play polo.
2ND. Why was it such a secretive operation? O.K. when tourney's are over or even before, I am usually out hunting. And this is where I and others feel left out, because I guess this is when all this talk happens between polo nerds.
3rd.Why cant we just keep it the way it is? Legitimize yourselves! If you want sponsorship get some fucking results!
4Th. Thank-you Montanna for sticking your neck out, for the love of a GOOD GAME. I love you man. Whether you know it or not, you upped the ante
5Th. As I have said before, no one listens. Their are cycle sport governing bodies that already exist. GET A FUCKING CLUE DUMBASS! Ask somebody. Don't just start a tyranny, with all your pals.
Their I said it, somebody had to. Don't shoot the messenger...

BOP!

Portland United
www.eighthinch.com

Gallaudet in the rain last night. Miss you.

bald eagle wrote:

1st. There was no complete vote for all those concerned/everyone in these so called regions who play polo.
2ND. Why was it such a secretive operation? O.K. when tourney's are over or even before, I am usually out hunting. And this is where I and others feel left out, because I guess this is when all this talk happens between polo nerds.
3rd.Why cant we just keep it the way it is? Legitimize yourselves! If you want sponsorship get some fucking results!
5Th. As I have said before, no one listens. Their are cycle sport governing bodies that already exist. GET A FUCKING CLUE DUMBASS! Ask somebody. Don't just start a tyranny, with all your pals.

4Th. Thank-you Montanna for sticking your neck out, for the love of a GOOD GAME. I love you man. Whether you know it or not, you upped the ante

Read points 1, 2, 3 and 5 from Bald Eagle. Then read point 4.

How can you assert both those opinions? Because this is 24 people from all over the continent instead of one guy from Philly you don't support it?

yea i think what we have here is another caprioti like situation. call your self a bop and not to far off is a trip to the phyc ward. it would be funny if it wernt so sad.

Easily, sven. What Montanna did was fucked up from the get go. But he did something about an issue that is burning us all up. He kicked it off. I am not taking anything away from everyone in the governing body's hard work on this, but it will take alot more hard work to get it where it needs to go. All I hope to do is make people think about other options and ways to solve some of the obstacles. Why couldnt have it been all laid out on the table so that people in these regions could run for said rep positions? Instead it has been a takeover. At first I liked the idea, then i kept thinking about the process of how they arranged this and think its almost sneaky. This 24 rep situation will never be straight with all the bidding that is going on there will be a massive split. Alot of behind the scenes sort of stuff like lobbying other reps into voting for a particular event. There have already been twittterings about all this. People are going to get hurt, do want that?
Ben pig slayer for president!

BOP!

Portland United
www.eighthinch.com

pigs of prayer. or pop as they call me in nola.

nothing is ever started in a perfect way. i dont particularly like how they set it up either, but i trust the people in my region, and it seems like you trust teh jackass. and other bop reps, so thats all that matters. if the texans and the superdome kids can get along with the snowbirds then maybe we can shut up and get back to playing polo. whats this i hear about you ev guys playing kenball instead of polo?

superdome kids. i think that's going to be my team's name this weekend. thanks pop! :)

carve. smash. eat shit.

carve. smash. eat shit.

Rest assured, reps both city and regional WILL be elected. The current form of the organizing body is a TEMPORARY one created to tackle issues that are either time sensitive or too big to drag everyone on .ca into the process, namely: the host-city bid for 2010 NA, sponsorship for 2010 (their budgets are usually figured before January) and - for what seems most important to everyone - a system for electing city and regional reps.The 24 reps listed are here to get these things started. They might not be reps after an election. So, if you want to know more, talk to your nearest interim rep.

We as an organizing body and as a community stand to gain nothing by keeping each other in the dark. Seriously, this just can't work with some clandestine effort. Most folks who've spent enough time on .ca would undoubtedly agree that this is not the best place to begin a prolonged discussion on organizing. Some of this had to happen offline in order to get the ball rolling. Now, with our feet under us, we'll be posting (temporary) regions, updates to the organizing body, voting results, etc.. In other words, maintaining a structured, productive and open dialogue, both on and off .ca.

Hope this helps a bit.

Kev, Ben, et al: When the organizing body starts to make some big decisions, would it be possible to have a link on the main page for all matters "organizing committee"? Then, we can all read the progression of decisions and discussions as they come down the pike. When people take issue with something they can, as always, start a forum thread about it but I thought it might be prudent to have all organizing committee business in one easy to find area. Possible? What do others think? Yea or Nay?

BOP: Eating Ben Hunter's shit for years.

Another yea here.
Insurance for transparency.
(when did we start calling you the falcon martin??!)

Yep good idea. I'll figure something out.

I don't see why not, sounds like a reasonable idea. (I must say - from a technical standpoint - I literally can't answer this question. Kev?) I'll say this: as far as we can tell the only major decisions ahead of us are the N.A. bid, for which there is already going to be an open discussion before the vote, and creating an electoral system. And after establishing elected city and regional reps, we've essentially done a big job. At that point, the transparency will be more inherent; you'll pull the lever and choose the reps.

x10
This is a great idea Falcon (aka i think martin). No ones left in the dark. Everyone knows whats going on. That's the way it should be.

good one falc, one yea here... question; when living in east van do i see my housmate or phone home to mama peanut

bop, slaying polo for 9 years

Portland United
www.eighthinch.com

depends where your paying taxes, well need a copy of your most current tax returns to process your vote. hope that clears things up

by the way his name is red army rebel not falcon. i know there has been some confusion over this due to all this bird shit on my keyboard and screen. hope this helps

thanks for clearing that up ben. there's bird shit all over my keyboard too!

BOP: Eating Ben Hunter's shit since yesterday.

Baby peanut!! Hope you're doing well up there

oh please tell me your nickname for jas is baby peanut. thats great. jason. you will never live this down. seriously baby peanut, hanging xmas lights and shit. not quite as tough

baby peanut ( legumes of infancy)

ill go by little split pea

ben wrote:

(legumes of infancy)

x2

this is great guys, despite all the quabbles n egos n bruhaha, i'm glad to see some method forming from the madness.

and nola, yall damn well know u can't have a CIVIL WAR without the heart of dixie fightin on ur side. steamboatin mixed blood liquor swilling big sin city types tryin to get riled up, i know what ur bags r lined with and it aint coonskin. go help yankee doodle organize this shit and leave the secession to the bama boys.

OK, the voting booth for NAHBPC 2009 is now open at http://bikepolo.ca/bids/nahbpc2010/vote for the regional reps to vote. but it won't close until Friday 11:59pm PST, so no rush...

that link did not work for me.
but this one did.
http://www.leagueofbikepolo.com/bids/nahbpc2010/vote

Doug D
Brooklyn, New York
hardcourtbikepolo.com
flickr.com/photos/daytonohio

Doug D
Brooklyn, New York
hardcourtbikepolo+gmail+com
hardcourtbikepolo.com