Jump to Navigation

Login / Register

St Cago bike polo mallets DZR bike shoes for street and bike polo Velolocuma bicycles Riding in Circles

Hookups for NAHBPC 2010

This thread is for singles, or couples looking to spice up their relationship, at the NAHBPC in Madison July 16-18 2010.

Looking for a team! Been playing for 2.5 years and will be running extra smooth by mid-July: polo tour thru Seattle, Portland, Milwaukee, and Chicago in the month prior to the tournament. I like to play forward, find those openings, hook up the butter passes. Will also hang back and play good defense, or sit in goal if really necessary. Lefty bullshit my specialty. Hit me up!

the j is for jesse
Troy, NY: 2008 - 2010
Seattle, WA: 2010 - 2013
Austin, TX? polo!???

if you're touring from Seattle to Portland, don't forget to hit up Olypolo!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If you aren't sinning, Jesus died for nothing.

I got 99 bitches, one ain't a problem.

Balls, don't think it'll happen this time – but come September I'm settling in Seattle, so I'm sure I'll be down sometime after that!

the j is for jesse
Austin, TX? polo!???

No longer looking, playing with Max and Scooter from Denver!

the j is for jesse
Austin, TX? polo!???

Heck yeah!

For those couples looking to spice it up, my girlfriend Eileen and I will be hosting a couple's euchre tournament on these dates as well. Sorry singles!

mad_sam (not verified)

Awwww shucks.

i'm glad you know how to play euchre, its the drinking game of choice here

Keep your standards low, and morale high.

Coming to Minneapolis this weekend? Find me and lets talk turkey.

I'd love to play with players of my skill level. I haven't made any alliances for NAHBPC so talk to me.

I'm 100% going to Madison for this so I'd like to get on a team in the next week or so and reserve my space.

Still looking for teammates. Hit me up.

I am looking. Amanda from MKE, i was at mdwest and ESPI this year. Still loooking bc i have been super busy lately. my # 414-803-7422 if interested.

I'm going to either need a team or it'll be me and another needing one more. I'll try to figure that all out ASAP.

Bike Polo Ronin

OK. It's two Missouri boys looking for a third. We're looking for a fast, aggressive striker. We're both defensively minded allrounders. That being said, we also like to push the forecheck when at all possible.

P.S.

Must like beer, impromptu water sports, dice games, and the soothing sounds of Slayer.

Bike Polo Ronin

Who is your second?

Nick J. aka Floppy. Our third from your tourney, Kruse, is going to be in OK for an internship. He's trying to forge a decent future for himself or some shit. What a jerk.

Bike Polo Ronin

I need a team Will play with anyone with whatever experience coz we're gonna have one hell of a time takin down the best of the best in the nicest possible way .Timmm ae , Sveden Jesse if ya wanna Lets do it

"So this is how it ends"MACHINE

I also need a team for this.

Also possibly looking for a team. Trying to work something out in the meantime, but I'm definitely coming to this. Would really enjoy playing with some fresh faces.

I'll play with you Tim A!!

Midwest is best!!

I'm definitely coming to this and I'd like to find a good team. At the Midwests I played with Jason and Jerret from the Polo Furries and we tied for 7th. I played mostly goalie and then tried to push the ball up the court when I had a chance. That was a lot of fun and I'd like to find two more players that would like to work together. I enjoyed the strategy of playing goalie against good teams and back defensive man against other teams so I wouldn't mind that again. I'm also a very good second if we have someone that's a good shot and needs a setup man and we have some one that likes playing goalie/back defensive man. I would like to work together as a team and score our points strategically and off of great teamwork. I'll play with anyone girl or guy so if you think picking up me on your team is what you need to complete a competitive team please send me a message.

vet all-arounder on the meat market...

Portland United
www.eighthinch.com

pee.. oh pee..ooh

yo jason, want to play together?

WUPAss
EVBP foreva

thanks, but i think i have found something. someone pick this solid e. van player up!

Portland United
www.eighthinch.com

What! No HBP?

Midwest is best!!

Free agent looking for a team. plenty of tourney experience, prefer to have a team with a lefty on it!

hey i am also looking for a team... it would be fun to play with some random's rather than home townies... since we need to sell ourselves here.... been playing years, defense and goal my specialty, also i am one of three crowned winners of Ladies Army 2009 (bushwackers).... send word on hooking up a team as i am still making my travel plans from the west....

WUPAss
EVBP foreva

I think I'll also be looking for at least one teammate, would love to play with another westcoaster. I also play a solid goalie, with a midgrade forward game, although it's improving every day. I didn't do well in the larger tournaments I participated in last year, but my team took 3rd at the IE Beginner's Tourney, and Pistolero, Kyle, and I took 1st at the Santa Cruz Friendlies a couple weeks back.

Would you object to playing with one of my teammates from down here if I can talk either of them into going? It'd most likely be Guy (from Seattle), but there's a small chance I could talk Derek into going.

polopolopolopolopolopolopolopolopolopolopolopolopolopolopolopolo

bummmmp
FISH AND AB NEED A THIRD!

bike polo hotline

hey danya - not sure if you are still looking.... we're looking for a 3rd so that might not work if you already have 2...

WUPAss
EVBP foreva

Guy's confirmed, so yeah we'd be looking for a third. Good luck though!

I'm still looking for a team. I will be at Ladies Army so we can meet then!

Midwest is best!!

If youre still looking i need a team. From MKE and have a bit of tourney experience. played Midwest, EPSI, ladies army. Pretty solid D, agressive as long as my bike cooperates. let me know if your still looking, if oyu wanna ask about me ask any NY ladies about my skills. :) theyre coming along. 414-803-7422
amanda

Still looking? i am looking to join a team. Have a bit of tourney experience, was in NY for ESPI and ladies army this year. damn i didnt realize this was coming so soon and registration is closing SOON!!! ahgad! 414.803.7422 if interested...amanda

I need a team as well

bike polo hotline

Need a team, too... Got a year experience, been to a couple tournaments, play a good goal... never been on an all girls team but would like the chance. However, not picky.

Bike polo is the rollerblading of 2012

What about your first tournament in Denver? Geez Colleen!! We won our first tournament game ever!!

Midwest is best!!

oh shit, i forgot about that.

Bike Polo Ronin

that was me, not timmm.

Bike polo is the rollerblading of 2012

Haha! I figured. I didn't expect Tim to remember that. : )

Midwest is best!!

I need a team for NAs. Not to brag, but I am a pretty strong forward that will score lots of goals, but also set my teammates up for some good chances also. I am good at stealing the ball in 1 on 1 play. Who needs a strong player for NAs?

Big Tides!

Tim D and Floppy from CoMO have advertised above for a strong forward, if you want to keep it in MO.

Retired.

Good idea, Lucky. I think you guys would kill it!!

Midwest is best!!

that would be a pretty sick team.

Sounds like the two of us would make the start of a good team. Would you like to find a third with me?

by strong forward/stealing the ball in 1v1 play you mean you're willing to check people off their bikes in order to setup/steal the ball/get your goals. that's the word about STL polo anyways. full body contact bike hockey!

just teasing! whoever picks up a STL player is obviously gonna have to name their team the Goon Squad.

Sounds like somebody is scared.

Sounds like someone is basing their opinion of a whole polo club on 5 seconds of video and the resultant 'world's least productive internet discussion'.

Retired.

I was 5 feet away at como/mwbpc7 from the check a stl player laid on someone else that caused them to endo then land on their helmet/head.

and in response to tim, I'm not really afraid, I'm younger than most people in polo, I can still heal from my bones being crushed/broken. The full contact does not intimidate me.

I'm still just teasing you STL players. cmon now!

And anyone who isn't familiar can go read St. Louis' polo blog where they can learn even more interesting opinions St. Louis bike hockey players have about the rest of the country.

juicy.

That blog ruuuuuuules.

They all about scaring people...

STL runnin' they months like everyone gotta be scared like they got some kinda Haitian voodoo prince with AIDS on his fingertips riding around... "inflict pain. instill fear." I ain't impressed. You wanna impress me, Stevie? Take a life. Stab a fool with a screwdriver... tack tack tack. Roll a drive-by tatatatatatatattatata. Get STL on the court with some real niggas, they get dropped down and locked up like they boy, Akon.

Chale pendejos...

god you're so ghetto. nola polo might as well be played with shotguns and assault rifles.

you're like a jay z of bad jokes.

go ahead and email doug d if you wanna know what that means.

you should email your mom instead cause she didn't give you a kiss on the forehead today
unless she's dead, then I guess no girl will ever give you a kiss.
especially with those oil stains all over your face

I kid daniel, I kid because I love.
COME BACK! I CAN LEARN TO LOVE!!

/end trashtalk. see you at the courts beyatch

*yawn*

you crazy for this one, jay.

ab and fish looking for a 3rd.... are you interested?

WUPAss
EVBP foreva

is stl coming? can there please be a game of kikkalo (sp?)? i may have been disapointed this didn't occur at mwbpc8

Kickolo is sweet! Nick, bring a ramp!!

Midwest is best!!

I will if I can get a team.

Big Tides!

looks like i might need to join a team.

pelon from austin texas needs to join a team asap! if you know him, then you know how he plays and he is good. let me know and i will let him know whats up! 512-567-2292

Fuck off

I am without a team for this thing...if there are any serious A players out there who were watching waiting for other A players to hook up with let me know. Im here!

hey Jake menace and I are looking for a third. Coming to ESPI's? We can talk it over there

I may be looking for a team...I'm a solid defensive player, good in goal, great at running tight screens, good percentage of shots on goal but I don't play the main forward position much - I can pass and receive and can be instrumental in setting up valuable assists. Hoping to play with west coasters but I'm open...draft me if you dare!

Ride, bake, polo, repeat.

I want to get hooked up with some defensive players who can read plays and aren't afraid to hustle...preferably at least one lefty...offensively they can give as well as receive crisp passes and aren't afraid to hustle...stylistically I like playing 3 out only resorting to a goalie when absolutely necessary...

my strengths: strategically minded, strong defender, fast and fearless, good passer, rarely turn the ball over, unselfish, indefatigable...and I don't cheat or play dirty.
my weaknesses: don't scoop, don't bj, don't lob, not the best goalie, sometimes I can pass too much, sometimes I can go too fast...and I don't cheat or play dirty.

any questions feel free to ask...

jason if something doesnt work out with a team that might have come together during espi for me id love to play with you. keepin it southern and what not. ill k.i.t.

let's do this...as long as you're down to play defense still...now we need a lefty who hustles on defense, clogs passing lanes and passes well...

Do you like long walks on the beach as well? I wish I would have known that you were looking for a team because one of our guys here was looking for one and just found one. He is a really good player too. He got mvp in New Orleans. Let me see what is going on, but just keep looking.

Fuck off

nightrides on the ocean...sharing a fresh coconut right off the tree...

if he hustles on defense and passes I would have been down...

I'm not sure if you were in N.O tourney, but his name is Pelon. Solid player I think!

Fuck off

I know it's late but I want to make this happen and I'm going to go to this shit.

Someone pick me up. I score mad goals. I'm sorta fast when I feel like pedaling, but that shit sucks. Looking to get a 50cc motor installed before the tourney. I'll play anywhere/anything my team needs. I want to be competitive, because I can't help it.

P.S. I remember that Pelon guy from NO and would be glad to have that shot in my team's arsenal.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
fixcraft.net

You, me, and Evan from St Louis. That'll make three mixed StL/CoMO teams. Go Missouri!

Retired.

I know it's late in the game but is there any team looking for a third anymore?

I'm not good at selling myself but I'll give it a shot. I can play goal really well, I have good defense, good reach, decent shooting, I ride fast, and play hard.

you should hook up with jason from ftl.

Fuck off

Did Pelon find a team? I would like to play with him and someone else!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
fixcraft.net

I believe he did, but It's still not a 100%. I'll see what's up at polo this evening.

Fuck off

It only makes sense! I stood next to him as runner up MVP down there and he beat me because you fuckers had a lot of cheerers. Haha!

fixcraft.net

hahahaha......... He is a good player though and usually isn't all about shooting hard. He loves taking it to the goal and has great ball handling. I'll talk to him and see what the plans are. I know that he is playing with a girl from STL named Julie and Dan from here, but still not a 100% on Dan. I'll keep in touch!

Fuck off

Julia is coming to NA's? Woohoo!! Doesn't she live in NM now though?

Midwest is best!!

it's all true.
i'm playing with pelon.
i live in new mexico.
i'm coming to NAs.
i'm stoked.

we don't serve women here. bring your own.

Yay!! I can't wait to see you lady! It's been way too long.

Midwest is best!!

I'm still looking to hook up! Nick, El Colorado, Jason, someone else that wants to play with a solid team player?

Decatur needs one more! I learned alot at Midwest and dropped that knowlegde on my fellow players. Me and my teamate Kalei are ready for the NAHBPC. Theres no I in team!

I am unable to make it to the tournament. I have already paid the registration and bikefrog ( bfrog76@yahoo.com) is now looking for 2 stellar team mates to join him last minute in madison. Anyone interested should contact him directly. He's from sfbikepolo and is f$%^ing awsome

"So this is how it ends"MACHINE

BikeFrog and I are looking for either a strong forward or great all around player to complete our team. Hit one of us up if you want to play on an awesome team.

hey. i'm a good all around player that comes forward and plays a strong forward when needed. can make the plays, passes, and shots, but am also a good defender. not afraid to play hard.
would love to play with some people i've never played with before. don't know either of you, i don't think...
if you would consider me, it would be fun to mix things up and play with some new polo people.

This thing with BikeFrog seem to have fizzled. Chandel I'll for sure play with you. Who wants in on this team?

Count me in, I can fiddle around no longer.Im just tryin to get something goin for sure.Send me a message if you want to team up.

Sorry my mistake. Chandel is out but BikeFrog is still in.

i'm alright. let's play.

andrew!!! are you looking for a team still?
i just booked my flight, wasn't sure i was going but am def on board now.

...and if hayter has a team....
then to anyone out there, i'm looking for a team. i may also have my teammate from ladies army in tow with me. so two ladies army champs and the furthest to advance on an all womens team for ESPI.
can't wait for madison!!!

Yeah Chandel. Way to make it happen!!

Midwest is best!!

CHANDEL GET WITH JASON FROM FTL AND PLAY WITH HIM! just sayin.....

Fuck off

Mike Polo wrote:

CHANDEL GET WITH JASON FROM FTL AND PLAY WITH HIM! just sayin.....

i'm trying!!!! =]

anyone need a last minute teammate? hit me up

our team needs a 3rd.

e-mail me

juliovcastro@yahoo.com

discount code: azpolo15
for 15% off @ state bike co.
http://www.statebicycle.com/
http://www.azbikepolo.com/

Hey would love to play in this tourney. Im the big asian guy on the black eighth-inch. Need a Team. Need a Team. Need a Team. Im a b+ a- player. Good goalie and decent striker

Free Agent, all around strong team player loves foward but also knows when to defend.

^You two should play with Rinzin from Bloomington (our tibetan secret weapon) I'm texting him now....

Registration has now been extended until high noon this Sunday. get yer shit together people, you don't want to miss this.

I would like to play and couldn't put a Dayton, Ohio team together.
I'm a tall lefty.
let me know if any of you need a third - finkyslinky@gmail.com

Found a team. Thanks for all the responses.

fuck yeah you found a team!

lee/thanh/me....join forces and make a team?

Speaking as someone who might have to play that team I'm going to say no.

why is that sven? a little afraid?

im in if lee's in

i still need a team either with or without chandel!

maija we need a third!

who?????

Fresh/Rinzin/you.

Ah shit, I need a last minute team too, summer school sucks, but today is the last day. Looking for a 3rd? Text me at 815.919.9505, I wont be around a computer for the rest of the day. I'm from Milwaukee, been playing almost 2 years, a solid B+ player

i too am leaving it to the last minute to get it sorted. does anyone else need an extra teammate? let's do this fast as registration closes saturday i believe. or alternatively, if anyone has a team-mate drop out, let me know ASAP! i'm irish, living in New York, not a bad player. played in espi 5 just gone. hit me up on 973 874 3154
thanks, shane

Dan, Shane... I'm looking too. lets make a team! i'm contacting you now

awesome! go team "the lone ringers"

are team needs a 3RD.

any body??

text me
602-299-5628

Our team needs a third, FRESH+RINZIN+YOU= AWESOME!!!

when does registration close? might just come for the pick up....

registration closes this sunday at high nooon

Okay guys, Donnie Pepper and I need a third. We make a solid B+ team as it is, I've got the goal on lockdown (unless Dustin from Seattle's on the other team), and Donnie's some shots and a great passing game.
We're already registered, so just hit one of us up sometime before Friday.

Does Decatur still need a third? I want a team for Madison.

dump my team might need a third!!! reunited!!!

Decaturs team fell apart. Fresh is a free agent, if anyone else is interested.... let me know asap ill be on here throughout the night.As a player my only downside is that I dont play goal all that much, but I have a great defense. I like makin slick passes, goin fast and makin those laser beam shots.Alots changed since midwest,thats all i got.

Decatur is still happening. Say the word and we got a team. I'll register right now.

dumptruck wrote:

Does Decatur still need a third? I want a team for Madison.

Was just about to post on here for you, guess I don't need to.
Someone better pick up this bruiser.

You'll see. Unless you drilled out your eyes because they were too heavy.

doug/rinzin/dumptruck would be a great team. i wanna see it happen

Incomplete teams as far as i know:

REGISTERED
JohnnyMidwest, Tommy Green, ?
Danya, Donnie, ?
Julio (youngblood fs), Justin, ?

NOT REGISTERED
Fresh, Rinzin, ?

INDIVIDUALS
hayter OTTAWA
chombo?
Pdillo Tulsa

OTHERS?

lets go people get your shit together, you have 20 hours.

Stephenso, bikefrog, and thanh hooked up. See you guys there!

kev. lee from dayton is playing with coach and jake i think.
we may also have our third. will advise by tomorrow morning.

I need a team! only thing - I can't shoot, I dab constantly, I'm always losing the ball while shuffling, I say 'im sorry' way to much - (even when the other doods being dick), I miss ball-joint engagement 50% of the time, my scoop shots can't even get off the ground, and I snore when I sleep. Holler.

Someone pick this guy up! He's a killer on defense, he's super fast, and he will score when you really need it.

Haha oh come the fuck on Phillip! Don't be so hard on yourself.

fixcraft.net

I sent you an email, but just in case you didn't get it- want to team up? We can have a (sort of) LA team[EDIT: All-city, even, if you still want to claim 310], and we can totally spend lots of time apologizing to each other.

So Im guessing my former teammate is now a free agent according to his last post... So, I also really want to play if you still need a third let me know.

Phillip!!! get on this team!!

"wear a face mask or duck" - Tall George
stick 2 da code, stop snitchin'
http://www.scarylarrykbp.org/
http://www.fixcraft.net/
http://321polo.net/

hell yes! I just responded to the emails

If your still looking for a team hit me up!

I just heard something about chombo. but i dont remember what.
hit him up!!

Doug D
Brooklyn, New York
hardcourtbikepolo+gmail+com
hardcourtbikepolo.com

Ok well FRESH and Rinzin are a go 100% We need one more! 217-201-2351.

i know Rinzin can bring some heat, he's one of our best

so why doesn't this phillip guy play with fresh and rinzin?

the baker has a team. he's with maija and i. thx.

Gus & Me are looking for a third. marco bitched out. godammit I hate when this happens
from now on, when teams get put together players should always put down a deposit!

---------------------------
"Thou Shalt put Thy Weed in it"
CH0MB0 3:16

chombo pick me up! i met you in nyc at bench minor. the other asian on the joust. its getting down to the wire and i dont want to miss out!

chombo....birdie said something about a good player in mke that would be willing to play tournament, wasn't planning on it but can...
or grab that phillip guy?

dude. you'll find someone.

Incomplete teams as far as i know:

REGISTERED
JohnnyMidwest, Tommy Green, ?
Ch0mb0, gus, ?

INDIVIDUALS
hayter OTTAWA?
Rinzin

anyone else?

updated list of teams: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Autj3tqs5MHTdERjNmRpb1dWUElGMDZ3...

I think my incomplete team from Lex is registered...? But I don't see us in the updated list.

it is, we just haven't updated since yesterday.

Thanks!

still need a 3rd

anyone anyone????

HEY!
SOMEONE hit Youngblood up. He and Justin need a third. I know there are still individuals out there that want to play. They've registered/paid, have transportation to the tourney and are solid dudes. Everyone needs to stop being passive and skeptical and make the two's three's.

Word.

Cadabbers - "We will literally stab you"

Youngbloodfs Sign me up.let's do this.

cool.

team FBFL

FTW!

cool.

team FBFL

FTW!

Holy shit that was quick!
Thanks man!

Cadabbers - "We will literally stab you"

Alright Arizona lets play some polo.

Someone pick Rinzin up, that man needs a team!

x2, rinzin has the hustle

registration closed

Team "Thank you Susan" is now looking for a new Susan.

Do you have gorgeous long golden hair and a penchant for men with large knuckles?

Do you often forget that your bike has a brake?

Do you like comfortable footwear?

If you answer 'yes' to any of these questions or are simply looking for a team to play on, speak up!

Devin's blistering speed is only matched by his shot which has been known to cause small forest fires. I routinely arrest the opposing team's advance with a defensive move many describe as 'getting fingered' (and not in the good way)

We be looking for a third, could it be you!?!? Well?!?

short black hair, knuckle size doesnt matter
i can remember
i wear work boots

im looking for a team! pick me up! i got what you need. hit me up 812-360-4166

Shorter, darker hair, though the sun likes to change it.

I only sometimes have braking issues.

mostly wear crappy flats, but might be into some sweet tennies soon.

My shots can often be described as lasers, but i'm not too cool to sit in goal either.

This is my favorite thread on the forum. Everyone describing their polo style in a dating site style is hilarious. New thread idea , describe your polo steez.

"ok Mr. Schwinn fucking Armstrong!"
www.burrobags.com

Kelly from Seattle needs a team!!

In a last minute decision she is jumping in a car and coming out to NAs!!

Someone please pick her up as your third. She is a very solid player, good passing and shooting with lots of experience. Plus, she was on the 2nd place L.A. team.

Kelly is now the newest member of "Desperately Seeking Susan" COUNT IT!

Pick her up people. She is a force on the court!

"ok Mr. Schwinn fucking Armstrong!"
www.burrobags.com

so we got Rinzin, Cait, Fatty McBastard, all perhaps looking for a team. just show up Friday morning 9:30am and i'm guessing something will work out, if it hasn't by then.

Hey Rinzin bailed on my team today after about 5 other bails from other people. Are any of those other people down to play on a real rock n roll team? I got a wishy-washy from Chicago maybe playing, but I need somebody who is DOWN.

My team got called LA2 but it was supposed to black sunshine like the white zombie song.

Fast paced madness from outer space. Shots like rockets, Strategy like Stratego, Speed like Nascar, and vibes like 'Good Vibrations.'

We need a third right now! 586-242-2378

you're listed as Black Sunshine here: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Autj3tqs5MHTdERjNmRpb1dWUElGMDZ3...

so who are your two?

We have Joe D, and me Sam C.

Kyle C. lost his ride from Tampa and can't afford airfare.

Who's the wishy-washy Chicago?
Call me, 224 627 2100, I'll figure out if they're coming/on your team or not.
Going out to the courts right now to play.

You'll see. Unless you drilled out your eyes because they were too heavy.

I NEED A TEAM. I've got 1.5 years under my belt. I'm a good rider, usually delegate the scoring to someone else (aka passer), and mainly challenge the ball and clean up after erratic shots. Best thing is, I live in Madison. Put me on your team!

Casey, my team is needing someone pretty crucially. Our 3rd dropped just this Monday. We're gonna be there tomorrow round 6-7pm. Meet us on the courts: 586-242-2378 More info over phone