Jump to Navigation

Login / Register

St Cago bike polo mallets DZR bike shoes for street and bike polo Velolocuma bicycles Riding in Circles

Reffing at NAHBPC

If you are coming to NAHBPC please contact me about helping out with reffing. We are asking that you volunteer for at least one shift of reffing (4 hour blocks).

Benefits from reffing. We will provide housing for anyone who volunteers at least two shifts of reffing (we have a total of 6 time slots). Please let me know why you want to ref, your experience (both in polo and other sports) and when you will get to madison.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&authkey=CN3puM8D&formkey=...

thanks,

j

Filled out the spreadsheet and sent an email.

What rules will we be enforcing, and how many people will be on a reffing team per court? 3, 4, 5? Ref, goal judges, time/stat keeper, etc.

Retired.

Rules will be established this week. Just trying to touch base with some folks after espi's.

There will be a head Ref at each court that will be in charge of time and rules. There will be a stat keeper as well who can assist the head ref. For elimination matches or late round swiss round matches there will be 2 goal judge and 2 refs.

There will be a reffing meeting in the morning and afternoon on Friday. We will again commence on Saturday morning and Sunday morning to work out any issues.

does this mean if I don't ref I'm sleeping under the highway?

I have a feeling a polo-hobo-tent-city will pop up somewhere near the courts.

rumor has it that there is some good spots near the court.

It was hillarious to see everyone crawling out of the woods at last years northamericans. It seems a lot of the canadian teams roughed it out there.

Um, we "bounded" out of the woods Mike.

Okay catfish, I'm going to move my mouth like this...

yes.

We don't Crawl mike we have mad class!!

I need a sugar momma so I can work less and play polo more!!

I hope you guys pull it off, sounds like you all have a pretty good handle on the organization part with lots of eyes on the court. I think this is gonna be key. good luck!

Yo Dawg I heard you like redundancies so we got a PIN number for your PIN

you can put me down as a ref if you like

Doug D
Brooklyn, New York
hardcourtbikepolo+gmail+com
hardcourtbikepolo.com

Speaking as both a player and someone who's going to ref a lot at this tourny, I'm a little concerned about all this "penalty at the ref's discretion". With only a couple of short meetings, a group of probably a dozen people from all over are going to have to come to some sort of consensus about what to penalize so that officiating is as even as possible between courts.

For sure, an aggressive move that would shake a rookie probably wouldn't even phase an experienced player, but I think we'd do better to legislate the move, not the result.

Retired.

I tried to update my info in the spreadsheet, but I ended up filling out the new form. Sorry for the confusion.

Likewise, I didn't get access to the spreadsheet only the form. Unless the form is the spreadsheet and I'm being a dumbass.
But I'd still like to ref. 2 shiftz. Gracias.

Looks like the rounds are set up. Big ups to Madison on how organized all the play is/will be. Can the refs get a little of that? Morning/afternoon shift assignments, time and locations of the morning ref meetings Friday and Saturday.

I just need to know how late I can stay up on Thursday and still do a decent job for y'all on Friday.

Retired.

Party like I know St. Louis can lucky. Damn the consequences!

That reputation, although totally deserved, is not based on my behavior. I don't think that I could even be the water boy on the St Louis partying "a" team. They don't call me "granpa polo" for nothing.

Retired.