Jump to Navigation

Login / Register

St Cago bike polo mallets DZR bike shoes for street and bike polo Velolocuma bicycles Riding in Circles

2013 Tournament Rumors

2013 is nearing.

Nice one (in my Machine voice) East Van for announcing Ladies Army.

I would love to start thinking about all the amazing places this ridiculous game will be taking me next year.

DPI?
ESPI?
MIDWESTS?
CASCADIA?
NA's?
Naked dance parties?
FUN Etc tournaments?

I know a few things need to be sorted out still but lets start poppin off some rumors and gossip. Please!

More 24hr lock ins!

There can be......ONLY ONE! (but id consider attending another by a different name)

Get rad

Anchorage is thinking about hosting a Midnight Sun tournament. We're trying to host it as close to summer solstice as possible(June 21st). Two day tourney, two courts. It all depends on interest though since we know its expensive to get up here.

I wasn't really looking at flying to a tournament this year but this changes everything! Alaska has been in my plans. Anyone want to road trip from Whitehorse?

Possible return of the midnight sunburn. Mid July.

Rumor has it there are a couple (possible more) dirty thirty birthdays in SF this years and a discussion of a possible co-ed tournament has been tossed around for the spring...

eff yes durty thurty!!

shotgun your bike!

return of the 2v2 to MKE after taking a year off for planning NAHBPC. late march early april 2013.

Been to an awful lot of those, would love to keep that going.

You'll see. Unless you drilled out your eyes because they were too heavy.

Any chance this is still in the works? Maybe just later in the year?
This is me clinging to hope.
Love me some 2v2.

You'll see. Unless you drilled out your eyes because they were too heavy.

it will happen this year. not sure dates yet. stay tuned.

There may be a twist to the co-ed at Ladies Army...

I'm most interested in South Central's qualifier and hope it will be located in Little Rock.

Not to say it's impossible, but the city destroyed one of their courts to widen a street. Booooo. I'd guess no LR qualifier.

-Brett

São Polo 2013
3º South American Championship!
October 2013

Brazilian Tour 2013
São Paulo
Rio de Janeiro
Brasilia

will be in the three cities?

Looks like we'll be hosting an indoor tournament in Toronto at the bike show, March 1-3. Yep, 3 days.

More details soon!

Oh fuck. I need to talk to work, see if they need me for a "meeting"

I love indoor tournaments.

kev wrote:

Looks like we'll be hosting an indoor tournament in Toronto at the bike show, March 1-3. Yep, 3 days.

More details soon!

hmmmm.. one court?

Yeah, one small court. it's confirmed now. http://leagueofbikepolo.com/glwc

Were having a Co-ed in Austin in February, no real word beyond that yet

Get rad

Make it April and I'll come.

at least a few more 2v2 tourneys next year at the thunderdome court behind the bar here.

keeping polo sinful.

mikemc502 wrote:

at least a few more 2v2 tourneys next year at the thunderdome court behind the bar here.

I plan on making at least one of these.

Discussion is happening about an Eastside Thaw event. It would be a two day event, and despite the working title would be an open to players from any region.

Day 1: Pull-out tournament. No pre-arranged teams. This will make it a good first-time tournament for newer members of clubs, as well as making the even more accessible for single travelers.

Day 2: Schoolyard Bench Tournament. Depending on the number of players, we'd do 4-6 teams in a double-elimination bracket. Captains would be decided based on the outcome of the pull-out tournament on day one. draft would be done the evening of day 1, and posted that evening, or announced the morning of day 2.

Rules: NAH, but there may be some caveats.
Refs: Yes, please.

When: Searching for a date, but looking to put this out there in the spring as a way to kick-off the season prior to the regional qualifying tour.

Combination of choice: Smash + Bang

Seattle:
Emerald City Open 2 - March
Cascadia Qualifier - Sometime after march (right?)
Westside Invite - Septemberish

I may be out on a limb for the CQ, I am waiting to be corrected Cascadia.

no, you're good

Please, pleeease do the CQ after april. May would be great.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If you aren't sinning, Jesus died for nothing.

I got 99 bitches, one ain't a problem.

starting work on FCI 5. usually in august but with worlds and na's, we're considering doing an indoor halloween event, if things work out.

speaking of which, who is hosting NA's? time?

seriously, when is NAHBPC going to happen and where's it gonna be?

come to the tournament prepared with bids for 2014! no more of this waiting game, I wanna know 365 days in advance.

Couple of things in the works from Indianapolis. More information soon.

First international tournament in Vienna. April or May, 1 great court, 16 or 18 teams.

27./28. April almost confirmed!

27./28. April confirmed!

Court: http://www.oersv.or.at/medien/Sportstatten/Schmelz.JPG

More info soon.

2014 Thread, why not?

2014? Whappen'?! Surely someone somewhere can give us hope of a Worlds or a Euros happening this year...??

Neil - Cross Hares, Manchester UK

Zagreb International bike polo tournament
Saturday / Sunday From 11th to 12th of May 2013.
Covered inline hocky rink, 16 or 18 teams
More info soon ...
http://leagueofbikepolo.com/zagreb-international-bike-polo-tournament

Tyre calligraphy of Zagreb

Mid- June, Fano (Marche- Italia), 3 well lighted courts, 3 days of sun, fish, wine, beaches and polo-love.
More details soon.
http://goo.gl/maps/xE9v8

Sounds perfect for EHBPC ;)

courts are in 3 different locations (400 mt each other), and they have 3 different size and floors: sounds perfect for a typical italian polo vacation.

Please let it be after june 21st! What's the closest international airport?

Bologna Airport

tobia wrote:

Mid- June, Fano (Marche- Italia), 3 well lighted courts, 3 days of sun, fish, wine, beaches and polo-love.
More details soon.
http://goo.gl/maps/xE9v8

POLORAMA (On the Beach)
Fano 7-8-9 June 2013
More details on www.polorama.it soon.

So, Worlds every two years, right? I mean we should know by now and I can't imagine being the host club who's got to pull a WC out of their hats without as much notice as possible.

Here's to Worlds every 2 years!

Las Vegas?!!
Worlds during interbike, heaps of exposure, all industry folks are already in the hood, cheap to fly to globally, sponsorship probably non-issue and it's a week long ... Squeeze in a few for funsies tournies like a bench, another all ladies, Los Marcos does Vegas ... ohhh the possibilities !

not very good for those in the industry.

vegas is already out. tried and denied.

Minneapolis NAs, MKE Worlds, Chicago international bench tourney the weekend after.

Now, if I called your name, you guys go do all this work.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
fixcraft.net

BoozeKruse wrote:

Minneapolis NAs, MKE Worlds, Chicago international bench tourney the weekend after.

Now, if I called your name, you guys go do all this
work.

Fuck ya nick. Midwest handel this shit

3 weekends in a row? ;)

How much of a rumor MKE worlds is? Any confirmed info?

midwest update http://columbusbikepolo.com/?p=5230

Awful, at best.

Poland, Gdańsk
30-31 March
Indoor :) 30x18m ~
http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/8884/1jpgpf.jpg
16 teams
so we have to pay for rent, fee will be 20 - 25 euro per team, confirm soon
but we wanna know who's want to come and play with us :)
fb event with more details is coming
cheers

Shame, it's Easter that weekend, got stuff planned already, otherwise I would come.

John H wrote:

Shame, it's Easter that weekend, got stuff planned already, otherwise I would come.

oh shit, my friend did not think about it, I'll talk to him :)
new date 23-24.03

III Open Bike Polo Madrid. March, 23, 24.

Hamburg Arena Open
September 7./8.

In for sure.

Already let the cat out of the bag a bit, but whatever.

Pittsburgh plans to revive the 4th of July tournament

Parties
Fireworks
Radness
...and a super secret surprise (still under construction)

More information to come as we nail down details

Will there be a Midwest Open 2013? Midwesterners what do you say?

I know Worlds is late but there is surely a way we can keep the Open tradition alive no?

Minneap should host it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
fixcraft.net

yeah i was just gonna post about this, chicago? milwaukee? where has it not been in a while? indianapolis?

indianapolis has a sweet set up *hint*

In motion......

Are you guys wanting to host the Midwest Open this fall or the Midwest Championships next Spring?!

Midwest is best!!

yeah i thought indy might be hosting the MW Quals next spring??? if just a fun ol' time without lots of sponsors is what you want and some co ed action MKE may be able to handle that this Fall...

Chicago was possibly thinking of hosting a no frills tournament as well at Garfield, but we only have one court so it would be a limited number of teams. MKE would be good if you guys want to host. Should the MW Open be before or after Worlds though?

Midwest is best!!

probably after worlds, too much stuff before hand and way to close together! plus it could be the fun cool down tourney of the season like i tend to look at it as...! and the weather is perfect for polo that time of year!

I think the only place with weather suitable for polo in the Midwest after worlds is Lexington. You guys should have a conversation with Newborn - MKE is maybe, possibly, thinking about potentially planning something.

Yeah, Lexington! I know you guys have hosted an Open before, but your courts are awesome. It doesn't need to have prizes, just great polo and friends.

Midwest is best!!

it depends...the city is resurfacing our courts sometime soon(ish), not sure at all.

Turducken will happen again this year. Details forthcoming.